Default Re: Perma bans

Quote Originally Posted by gummy jones View Post
    #trolllivesmatter

Even the mod ones
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    I was once banned for a week for posting off topic. First offense no previous infractions. It seems that posting off topic has become a sport here. Mods included.

Jaybell was big on bringing threads back on topic.
    Everyone has their thing. I think the current crop of mods is pretty comfortable with thread drift. It happens when people are interacting just like a conversation. Once in a while, it's not appropriate but most of the topics discussed aren't of great importance.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    I was once banned for a week for posting off topic. First offense no previous infractions. It seems that posting off topic has become a sport here. Mods included.

Jaybell was big on bringing threads back on topic.
    If that's the kind of moderation you want, you quickly find more people with perma-bans.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Yea

I couldn't bitch too much about my infracts, one time things got pissy, I time myself out. If you get perma boot on here, yea you earned it. Past that it should between the admin/mods to possibly vet the offender to return, seeing posts on other forums or such, but never a auto return. 100% of the boards I've been on once your gone, your gone.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Everyone has their thing. I think the current crop of mods is pretty comfortable with thread drift. It happens when people are interacting just like a conversation. Once in a while, it's not appropriate but most of the topics discussed aren't of great importance.
    Agreed. Unless the thread is about the death of a close family member or friend, or an important legal topic that could help keep folks out of trouble, then I mostly don't even notice if a thread about Gummy Bears drifts into a discussion of air bags or Trump. The more valuable the thread, the more I'm likely to notice someone hijacking it.

As for perma-bans, we have 325,000,000 people in this country, I figure that we representatives of the one who threw the party can afford to exclude the guests who keep pissing on the carpet. If you want to see really bad moderating, check out that popular AR-15-specific forum that has elevated lemming-like group-think to an art form. They banned Jay Bell before he was even allowed to sign up, and Jay was a treasure trove of information and common sense; so, to paraphrase Groucho, I wouldn't want to belong to any club that wouldn't have Jay as a member.

Unlike that forum, nobody gets banned here for simply stating a contrary opinion in a civil manner. They may catch a lot of flak from the PAFOA members, but as long as they're civil, they don't get infracted or banned. The problem children may, however, have a self-serving view of what counts as "civil" behavior. Most of the worst problem children refuse to accept that their behavior was wrong, and they take an awful lot personally (for example, I bet at least a dozen members here think that I'm talking specifically about them alone. I'm not. It's really, really common misbehavior, and very common personality defects, which is why every site needs moderators, lest they turn into the GOP debates while the moderators are out of the room.)
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

I thought this topic was against the new poofa commandments?

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=298578&page=9
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I thought this topic was against the new poofa commandments?

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=298578&page=9
    Against commandments, not forum rules. Now say five our wakefields and ten hail magazines (not clips) and donate your next paycheck to poofa

Hey I'm just trying to lead the flock back to the path.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Hey I'm just trying to lead the flock back to the path.
    Thanks Gaius.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

Dear God just don't ever let Notalk back.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast