Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Marylander applying for permit in Pennsylvania

NEVERmind

NOBODY

Default Re: Marylander applying for permit in Pennsylvania

After waiting 88 days for my MD permit which I finally received, I contacted York county and found the process for obtaining my PA permit, when I was called to come get it I drove to the court house and left my Sig P229 with my wife in the car. I went in and told the deputy at security please do not freak out I have an empty holster and he asked my " why is it empty"? I said I did not want to bring it in the court house, he said that it would be more secure than in my car, I told him my wife was in the car and he told me next time bring it in and we can put it in a locker, went to permit section and 5 minutes later left with my PA LTCF. PA ROCKS.

NOBODY

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by NOBODY View Post
    After waiting 88 days for my MD permit which I finally received, I contacted York county and found the process for obtaining my PA permit, when I was called to come get it I drove to the court house and left my Sig P229 with my wife in the car. I went in and told the deputy at security please do not freak out I have an empty holster and he asked my " why is it empty"? I said I did not want to bring it in the court house, he said that it would be more secure than in my car, I told him my wife was in the car and he told me next time bring it in and we can put it in a locker, went to permit section and 5 minutes later left with my PA LTCF. PA ROCKS.

NOBODY
    1. Congrats on the quick turnaround in York.

2. So you're saying you - a non-resident of PA - transferred possession of a firearm to your wife - also a non-resident of PA - without going thru an FFL? And your wife, who most likely does not hold a PA LTCF or recognized reciprocal permit, was in possession of a firearm in a car while not on the way to a range? And you told this to the deputy? And neither one of you is in jail? Maybe I should move to York...

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post

2. So you're saying you - a non-resident of PA - transferred possession of a firearm to your wife - also a non-resident of PA - without going thru an FFL? And your wife, who most likely does not hold a PA LTCF or recognized reciprocal permit, was in possession of a firearm in a car while not on the way to a range? And you told this to the deputy? And neither one of you is in jail? Maybe I should move to York...
    Never gave it to her she was in the car with it, she never touched it, or maybe she has a permit or maybe she was outside of the car OC....yes it was one of those.

NOBODY

(Indiana County)

Maryland + gun + court house = no storage facilities. Right?

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post

Too much fail in this post to reply but I will anyway so you can take this opportunity to learn a little more about what you speak of.
    Do some research, you'll find out he doesn't have to "transfer" it to his wife, you'll find out a firearm can be left in the vehicle of a LTCF holder even if the wife doesn't have a LTCF.

(Warren County)

Ray's right.
    Sgt K is not, this time.

Welcome to Pafoa!

Congrats on 2X carry permits. You may wanna consider Utah non-resident permit if you do a lotta traveling. Beaucoup reciprocal states with that one.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Gun in MD court house = jail IMHO. although I did take one years ago when I had my other permit, I was a witness for a theft case and when I went to testify I told the states attorney that I had my gun, he met me and he locked it up in his office.

Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    Ray's right.
    Sgt K is not, this time

Welcome to Pafoa!

Congrats on 2X carry permits. You may wanna consider Utah non-resident permit if you do a lotta traveling. Beaucoup reciprocal states with that one.
    I have fla, training exempt (dd214) it works for me where I go.

Nobody

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by NOBODY View Post

NOBODY
    I guess you were lucky you didn't get stopped for speeding or anything, or you wouldn't get that LTCF. Why did you think you could carry in PA? Or even have a firearm in your vehicle, without the LTCF?

OK, saw the exception, but PA resident is SOL in MD, correct? Or NJ? Or NY?
    Last edited by SevenMilePete; August 22nd, 2016 at 10:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast