Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default Radical Firearms 7.62X39 FGS-12 Rifle

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...d1900f-1847676

NEW Radical Firearms 7.62x39 caliber AR Rifle with a 12 inch FGS Hand Guard. This AR is a law-enforcement grade Rifle assembled with mil-spec compliant parts. You will not find a better deal when it comes complete Rifle of this quality. It features a 16 inch, Melonited, 4150 Chrome Moly barrel with a 1:10 twist rate. This Rifle also includes a 20rd Magazine in most States and a Hard Plastic, padded carry case. More information below. To

16" 7.62X39 HBAR Melonite Barrel 4150V Chrome Moly
    1 in 10" twist rate
    7.62x39 Chamber
    5/8x24 Thread Pitch
    M16 Milspec HPT/MPI BCG
    RF Low Profile Micro Gas Block
    Stainless Carbine-length gas system
    Direct Gas Impingement
    Mil-Spec A2 Flash Hider
    12 inch Free Float Radical Firearms FGS Hand Guard
    Forged Upper Receiver with Forward Assist, Shell Deflector
    Forged Radical Firearms Lower
    Milspec Lower Parts Kit
    Ergo Grip
    A2 Collapsible Stock

Need some thoughts: price seems good & I lack a gun chambered in that around. I'm partial o the design because I know the AR platform well.

However I'm not familiar with the brand. Good buy? Pass? Facts, opinions, thoughts?
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Radical Firearms 7.62X39 FGS-12 Rifle

Pa

Don't hold me to this. (meaning where I saw the video) A while back I was interested in this rifle. I went to You Tube and ran it through the search. In the first video I watched, the guy had feed issues. I'm not sure if it was a purchased rifle or a Radical parts build.

That said, I have a shooting buddy that has a Colt in 7.63x39. He also has feed issues.

Seems to me it is an inherent issue with that caliber - with the AR platform.

I'll be interested to hear other opinions.

fritz
    Obama. AYFKM?! / Pravda vit'azi.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by fritz1919 View Post
    Pa

Don't hold me to this. (meaning where I saw the video) A while back I was interested in this rifle. I went to You Tube and ran it through the search. In the first video I watched, the guy had feed issues. I'm not sure if it was a purchased rifle or a Radical parts build.

That said, I have a shooting buddy that has a Colt in 7.63x39. He also has feed issues.

Seems to me it is an inherent issue with that caliber - with the AR platform.

I'll be interested to hear other opinions.

fritz
    Thanks for the info. What I really want is a Tovar - and to get away from the awful AR platform, and not very good 5.56 round. But I already know the AR pretty well, Tovars are expensive, and I've not seen a 7.62 (or other .30 cal) tovar for sale in America., even as the IDF transitions to it.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Northampton County)

I'm curious on the riffle as well. PSA 7.62x39 gets good reviews.

A member here named viperhummel has been selling uppers in that caliber for some time now. He probably knows a lot about them.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    A member here named viperhummel has been selling uppers in that caliber for some time now. He probably knows a lot about them.
    I know that when I started sourcing reliable parts you couldn't touch a 7.62x39 upper that would run out of the box for under $600. Then suddenly uppers were $500, then $400, now whole rifles are $600.

I will say this about Radical. Tread carefully. I've had some great parts from them, but they were 2014 parts. Once they got popular and demand grew, those parts started to suck. Barrel extensions coming unnscrewed, extractors breaking (on ARFCOM someone shared a pic of half of the bolt snapping). I personally had to send two barrels back (the third is for a beater now) b/c they all rusted. Nitride/QPQ barrels rusted. The other barrels in the same storage location (a 2014 barrel of theirs, KAK, DD, and Alpha Shooting Sports) were all fine.

That being said, there are a ton of people that love them and have reported zero issues.

If you have questions about an AR in this caliber, I'd be happy to answer them. I don't subscribe to the notion that if you want to shoot 7.62x39, just get an AK. The AR in this caliber has come a long way. But if you dislike the AR that much, just get a different rifle.

(Allegheny County)

I've read lots of very bad reviews on Radical Firearms as of late, I'd do some research before buying.

(Allegheny County)

A friend of mine picked one up a while ago. I was rather impressed with all the features that you get with a sub-$500 AR. We put about 200 rounds through it, and the only issues encountered were with the factory 20 round mag. Ran fine with a couple of CPD mags that he picked up separately.

(Philadelphia County)

But it's Law Enforcement Grade!

(Cumberland County)

I bought one of the Radical Firearms 223/5.56 when they were $479 ( $499 now ). Nice look, fit and finish - just haven't been to the range with it yet !
    I put together an AR in 7.62x39 a year or so ago and have had no issues at all - love it. I was told they are prone to failures, but that a lot has to do with having the right magazines? Mine is a Hardened Arms Upper, PSA lower, and ASC magazines. Love the gun and like I mentioned, not one single failure of any kind.
    Good luck whichever route you go !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast