Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Do you support Georgia?

I do. Theres a quote that says, "the first thing that dies in war is truth". That being said, what I can discern from all the bs coming from the global media is that South Ossetia is a region of Georgia, with many Russian Citizens residing in this region. Apparently, a lot of separatist russian citizens, who feel the region is theirs and they want to deliver it back into the hands of Mother Russia. In doing so theyve been terrorizing the region for years, and finally the Georgian Government had enough of it and decided to smite these invaders from their land. This is when Russia who had been amassing forces just over the Georgian/Russian border for "training purposes" invaded Georgia under the facade of "defending its russian citizens". Georgia is the successful version in the bloc of what we are attempting to do in Iraq in the middle east. I think we should support Georgia as much as we possibly can without entering war with those ravenous blood thirsty russians. Get them into NATO now and protect them. Georgia is a shining example of a free democracy and they are a thriving small country, and to Russia, this is not accetpable.

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Do you support Georgia?

I do because their an allies of ours and you must support your allies or lose face

(Allegheny County)

he said...she said.

my land...no, my land.

i dunno the history well enough to really take sides...i dunno who that land really belongs to.

but it kinda seems like either a majority or at least a large minority of the people in south ossetia would rather be part of russia than part of georgia.

but, maybe not...it's hard to tell from the outside.

maybe south ossetians should vote on it (and both georgia and russia should respect the outcome of the vote).

if russia tries to take over all of georgia by force, though...then i will definitely side with georgia.

at any rate, we are not really in much of a position to do anything about it...and russia knows it.

(Allegheny County)

I support the United States. We have no say what happens over there just as they have no say in what happens here..

(Greene County)

the first thing that dies in war is truth

With that understood, I just don't know who to support in this case. My understanding is that Georgia was the aggressor here. They wanted to suppress South Ossetia's yearnings for secession and some 10 Russian "peacekeepers" were killed by Georgia's military operations in South Ossetia. Russia, on the other hand, is now retaliating against Georgia's invasion of South Ossetia.

I just can't separate the spin from the truth in any news source be it online or televised in this case and I'm just generally confused as to what is actually happening over there.

maybe south ossetians should vote on it (and both georgia and russia should respect the outcome of the vote).
    Hey, what were your thoughts on the historical US secessions?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Smith View Post
    I support the United States. We have no say what happens over there just as they have no say in what happens here..
    + 1

I also would have to agree with LRT; however, I would never expect a legit vote to happen there. They can't even have ones here.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Chester County)

Not our problem IMO! Honestly couldn't care less what happens over there. We have too many irons in the fire now, so I say we sit this one out and let it fall as it may.

(Berks County)

ravenous blood thirsty russians.
    Really?

About face and stare at a mirror, the only country that has been terrorizing the globe with its country building in the last 60 some od years is us...

We should not meddle in the affairs of others, nor should we look to them to settle our own. This county was not founded so we could wrangle our beliefs and ways into every culture on earth.

(Berks County)

I support the idea that the Russia is using this as an excuse to begin rebuilding the Soviet Union. That and now all of the oil that travels to Europe now has to travel through Russian pipelines... This time Russia now has Europe under its thumb... Oh you don't like what were doing, ok well were turning off your gas and oil pipelines see how you like it now....

Anyone else seeing the return of the cold war??? And one of our presidential candidates is a complete and utter N00bie when it comes to this kind of stuff?? If Obama gets in you will damn well see the rise of a new Soviet Union over the next 4 years while the EU and the US try and figure out wtf to do about it....

That and foreign policy should really become a larger portion of this election.
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast