Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
The rest of the members of your club have made you chairman of the board. When does the painting start? That reminds me, I need to have my tank pumped out.
Just my friend. He was my best man 34 years ago and was a nurse supervisor. Not like the construction bum I was.
I just ordered a piece of 8" plastic to make a pump out connection at the septic and will pay to have that done.
Next major project will be some roofing work. I'm not sure how he wants to approach that. The old camp members left roll roofing in the shed but he and I talked about metal. The previous owners used some inferior sheeting that has deteriorated and needs to be replaced.
I know when the particle board comes off I will find other structural issues.
That part of the roof has less than a 2 / 12 pitch so shingles should never have been put on unless ice and water guard were installed over the entire area ( which I doubt). Luckily it leaks onto a porch and not into the cabin.

Quote Originally Posted by chp1911 View Post
Nice camp. I am pretty sure That I've driven past it several times when I was hunting in the area. Isn't the gas well pump house just up the road a bit?
I think you are talking about the Queen road pumping station which is about 3 miles upstream past the second bridge.
I only drove up there once so am not too sure about it's location or if its still a functional entity.
The length of East Hickory Creek between the bridges is a delayed harvest area but cool to fish and hunt. We have camped along this stretch for many years.
The last camp on the right before the first bridge had a member falling out quite a few years ago. I knew a few of those guys.

Even working up there isn't really like working. ha.