Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default lead bullet heads

Where is the cheapest place to purchase bulk lead bullet heads in Lancaster or York county?

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: lead bullet heads

Try these guys. I'm not sure if Hanover is in Lancaster or York county, or not, but I have used these bullets, they worked well, and are priced good.

http://alphabravobullets.com/
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Susquehanna County)

If you want both quality and quantity coupled with convenience go here: http://www.pennbullets.com/

It is all mail order and custom sizing is available.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Clarion County)

One of the members here. Haven't used them but have checked them out at a local shop. Look first rate and powder coated.
    http://www.steelvalleycasting.com
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

What's a bullet head?
    For cheap but excellent lead bullets (seems to be what you are asking about), I go to mastercastbullets.com and Missouri Bullets. Also, Penn Bullets, but they aren't always the cheapest.
    If you want coated, the best I have found, and often the cheapest, are Precision Bullets out of Kemp (?) Texas.
    When you buy, buy a LOT as the alloy prices are going to continue to go up.

(Beaver County)

Waves hands, jumps up and down. Resident Poofa bullet caster here. And thanks for the plug Cephas. Send me a pm on what your looking for. I'm sure I can help ya out.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Delaware County)

Dear KimberRocks,
    Just for some education, I include the info describing an ammunition cartridge from https://www.hunter-ed.com/washington...5001_700046700
    It is easier to research when using the correct name. On the other hand, even the reloading websites have to put in disclaimers when selling bullets for reloading that it is not loaded ammunition, only a component of ammunition. I know you mentioned only two counties but if your ever down towards the Philly way, Kings Shooter Supply has great choices. Or if you want mail order, Precision Delta has free shipping. https://precisiondelta.com/index.php...ts/bullet.html
    Good luck!
    Smitty56

Below is from https://www.hunter-ed.com/washington...5001_700046700

Sometimes you will hear people on a rifle range say, “I’m out of bullets. Please get me some more bullets.” Usually, these people don’t know that they are asking for the wrong thing. Cartridges go into the chamber of a firearm, while bullets go out the muzzle. A bullet is only one part of a cartridge.
    The ammunition used in a rifle or handgun is called a cartridge (or a metallic cartridge). There are two general types of cartridges available today: centerfire and rimfire.
    Many years ago people used a larger number of different rimfire cartridges. The rimfire cartridge gets its name because the primer is in the rim. Rimfire cartridges cannot be reloaded. The most common rimfire cartridge used today is the .22 Long Rifle.
    The centerfire cartridge is the most common type of metallic cartridge. The primer is in the (bottom) center of the ammunition. That’s why this cartridge is called centerfire. Centerfire cases can be reloaded.
    All cartridges—both rimfire and centerfire—have four main parts.

• Case: The case holds the primer, powder, and bullet.
    • Primer: The primer compound explodes when struck by the firing pin and ignites the powder.
    • Powder: The powder burns and creates gas to push the bullet through the bore and out the muzzle.
    • Bullet: The bullet is the part of the cartridge that strikes the target.

Glossary

bulletA single projectile fired from a handgun or rifle. It is one part of a cartridgecenterfireOne type of cartridge; holds primer in the center of the cartridge headigniteTo set on firemetallicMade of metalprimerAn explosive compound located in small metal cup and used to ignite powder; sometimes called a caprimfireOne type of cartridge; contains the priming compound in the rim; typically a .22-caliber

(Lancaster County)

Dardas Cast Bullets are the best quality I've found and use a softer lube than most casters. The prices are especially good in the 1,000 count boxes.

(Allegheny County)

another vote for Ron at www.steelvalleycasting.com

(Montgomery County)

If you're interested in supporting a PA business that has been casting hard cast alloy bullets for over 20 years then you need look no further than us. Our Better Bullets are renowned across the state and nation by competitive and recreational shooters alike. Hell, even two of Team Sig's shooters use our ammunition for practice.

Better Bullets

PC Bullets

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast