Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stay warm!

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Stay warm!

Glad our boys Klondike Derby was last weekend...just brought in some firewood...dang it's cold.

Matt

Saw on news 16 that the scouts were on camp down in Montgomery county this weekend.One boy interveiwed talked only about how cold it was and did not look too happy ! I would think it would have been in the Boy Scouts best interest to cancel it also like your sons troop. JMO/MDT

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Saw on news 16 that the scouts were on camp down in Montgomery county this weekend.One boy interveiwed talked only about how cold it was and did not look too happy ! I would think it would have been in the Boy Scouts best interest to cancel it also like your sons troop. JMO/MDT
    cold as a witch's tit out there, no kids need to camping in this extreme. Know I wouldn't be a happy camper.
    You're a sanctimonious hypocrite of a bible-spouting blackmailer !

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1st8th83 View Post
    cold as a witch's tit out there, no kids need to camping in this extreme. Know I wouldn't be a happy camper.

I didn't know you were intimate with Hillary, please don't tell us what it's like.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    Don't forget your bread and eggs. I hear there is snow and ice in the forecast for Monday night into Tuesday. You don't want to be caught without your French toast ingredients.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    Don't forget your bread and eggs. I hear there is snow and ice in the forecast for Monday night into Tuesday. You don't want to be caught without your French toast ingredients.

I'm never without French toast ingredients.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    My son's troop was going to camp at Minsi this weekend in the winter tents and canx it. The range I work at on weekends also got the good idea to close today at least.

So I got the fireplace going and had a pleasant morning reading the paper with cat on my lap.
    I did "winter camp" at camp Minsi for a few winters when my son was in the scouts. Newspapers and straw for the ground in the tent and a warm sleeping bag. Breakfast over the fire, good times. But we never camped in this kind of weather either.
    Navy ⚓️ 1965–1969

(Wayne County)

Yeah, I think it was a really poor choice to camp in this weather. Yes, the kids need to be strong...but not to the point of Scoutsicles...
    Oh, -2 and the "real feel" is -25 currently. Tomorrow isn't going to be much better...and as for the french toast...have a loaf and a half from last time. It's a tradition for us to make fun of those that panic. Usually make about 3 loaves...hey, our kids eat like hungry surly teens...'cause they are not couch potatoes.

Matt

(Tioga County)

Looks like on Monday and Tuesday we might get our first serious snowfall of the year up here. So far this winter we have had the odd light snow or squall but never more than half an inch and most of it usually evaporates or melts.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    I'm all for kids learning to winter camp and I try to do it just me and the dog as often as possible, but taking kids out in this weather is just dumb. The kids had a half day yesterday, so my wife and daughters went to Montage skiing from about noon until 8. Both girls got a small amount of frost nip. Elder on her wrists and younger on a couple toes. They were both wearing two layers of gloves and two layers of wool socks in addition to other, proper, cold weather gear. They are the best outfitted kids around. Not expensive stuff, but quality. I guarantee that most kids out there don't have anywhere near the amount of appropriate gear to camp in weather like this. I barely do.

Weather like this can be dangerous. Yet I still saw one kid at the gun show wearing basketball shorts and a hooded sweatshirt. Makes me shake my head.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast