Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default ACT 235 psych evaluation

Hello, I was wondering about what the state police or psychologists consider a bad reading on the mmpi test?

Default Re: ACT 235 psych evaluation

Readings/number/scores are irrelevant to the one being tested. It is all summed up in a basic pass-fail at the bottom of the form. They either check off that you are a whackjob who should not be certified under Act-235 or you are good to go. No in between. Sorry to be blunt but that's reality of it.

If you Played with Action figures but not Dolls you failed. If you took Medication but never took Drugs you failed. I don't think they really mean shit! Have you ever seen some of the Cops that fell through the cracks?
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Northampton County)

I liked they way they take a simple question, then twist it around about a dozen different ways and they are all on the test which was over 600 questions. When I sat down to take mine the Doc. said let me know when you get half way, he said he can score that part and tell if you need to finish or not. Luckily I did not have to finish.
    National Handgun Reciprocity
    End Gun Free Zones
    Fast & Furious show us the documents

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg View Post
    I liked they way they take a simple question, then twist it around about a dozen different ways and they are all on the test which was over 600 questions. When I sat down to take mine the Doc. said let me know when you get half way, he said he can score that part and tell if you need to finish or not. Luckily I did not have to finish.
    Maybe that's his way of saying you're already to far over the edge. Just kidding. Answer the questions without putting too much thought into them. People can get really twisted around the various ways to interpret "do you love you father?"

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg View Post
    I think they're trying to figure out if you're trying to lie or hide anything.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Indiana County)

I took one back in 1978 as part of a security clearance validation. Part of my problem as a Logistician was that my job was, in part, to question the questions. Going over the test I rapidly figured out that certain answers would raise a Red Flag. For example, "Do you have a normal sex life?" Answer in the affirmative and one would normally go on to the next question, but answer otherwise and a Red Flag is raised. I knew that. And I answered, "No." So, the good doctor conducting the test had to, just had to ask me why. So I told him, "I'm newly stationed here in Korea and my wife is still Stateside. Please explain to me how I could possibly have a "normal" sex life - by mail?"

My security clearance was validated.

Now that you have some legit answers, I can post this:

Do you have normal bowel movements? Do you frequently have diarrhea? Do you hear voices?

(Indiana County)

Do you hear voices? That's a RED FLAG question if ever there was one. Correct answer is "Yes."

Doctor: "You said you hear voices. Please explain."

Me: "You just talked to me. I heard your voice."

Doctor: "That's not what the question meant."

Me: "I have no idea what the question meant, I only know what it asked. If it was meant to mean something else, it should have been phrased better."

Doctor: "Oh."