Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: K98 Stock

(Monroe County)

Default K98 Stock

Hi, I need some help. I received a 1938 date K98 from my grandfather, it's a bring back, all #'s are matching. At some point her disassembled it and refinished the stock. I got the gun in pieces and the hand guard, one bad and spring clip were missing. I have a 1916 mauser that the hand guard and clip fit with minor modification. It fires perfectly and is accurate. I'm trying to find a replacement stock that won't break the bank. Its the flat steel butt plate style. I appreciate any assistance. Thank You

Default Re: K98 Stock

Can the wood be salvaged and used if the missing parts are found and installed? If this is an original war trophy I would leave it as original as possible. You mention it does fire so I am assuming the stock is in usable condition.

Parts can be found rather easily online or at the larger gun shows.

Try Numrich's, they are a good source of parts. www.gunpartscorp.com they list a "butt plate, flat, original" for $10.95 http://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/1040750.htm

Numrich's also has schematics that will help identify the proper names of parts. Once you have the right name, Google will be your best friend.

Another option... Amazon has your butt plate for $3.95 http://www.amazon.com/German-M-98-Ma.../dp/B00655C048

Take a trip down the road to Sarco in Easton. They have tons of stock/handguard/wood stuff. You can match up exactly what ya need.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Very hard to find and expensive when you do. SOG (southern Ohio guns) had a very small lot of them come in last month and I believe Boyd's makes a replica replacement however additional fitting will be required with the Boyd's.

Sarco is a good option I have never come across any there but they get Argentina amounts of everything in all the time. Giving them a call 1st is a good idea.

(Lycoming County)

You can try here too.

Empire Gun Shop.
    (570) 275-5482

He doesn't have a website that I know of, so you would have to call him. He sets up at some of the shows as well.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    Can the wood be salvaged and used if the missing parts are found and installed? If this is an original war trophy I would leave it as original as possible. You mention it does fire so I am assuming the stock is in usable condition.

Parts can be found rather easily online or at the larger gun shows.
    It does fire. I used .30-'06 brass, trimmed and necked up, I keep the loads on the lighter side. I had to router a part of the stock of the stock to get the spring clip to fit. It functions beautifully but is two tone.

(Monroe County)

Thank You but I'm looking for an entire stock with just front hand guard band and clip. All the other furniture is matching

(Monroe County)

Thank You