Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Guardian Training Center - Warminster

not a good start, hopefully they can turn it around.

(Bucks County)

The website indicates it's open. I'll check it out this weekend.

(Montgomery County)

A friend and I shot there last night. Decent parking lot, near full. It needs better signage as the GPS gets you close, but you have too look for it. The store section is very bright and well laid out. Friendly, helpful staff. Lots of pistols and rifles to choose from (I did not scope out the pricing). The check in and rental area is large and loaded, again... lost of pistols, shotguns, and rifles to choose from. We shot in the "heavy" bay (25 yards max), where they allow all manner of pistol, rifle and shotgun, including speed shooting and drawing from holster. I would recommend doubling up on your ears, it was loud. Nice high speed, programmable, target system. They have large, life size, printed targets available. Well lit, and kept clean by an on duty RO/attendant. The consent form was a bit much (5 pages, 3 signatures, 8 initials, a ton of check marks), but you only need to read and fill it out once. I did not get to see the "quiet" bay, the "tactical" bay, or the "Shoot House". The are open until 10pm.

Now for the important part... cost. For 2 walk up, non members, shared 1-1/2 hours lane time, (2) 2'x3' targets, (1) pack of 12"x18" splatter targets, (1) rental of Glock 22 (.40 cal), (3) boxes of .40 cal range ammo = $106 out the door. I brought my 2 9mm pistols, targets, and ammo in with no issues (no steel ammo allowed)
    Last edited by Auriemma; October 27th, 2017 at 12:44 PM.

(Bucks County)

I just looked on their website. Membership costs are very expensive. Their most basic membership is sold out. Almost has a gym membership vibe.

However, they do allow members to draw from holster and have tactical sort of range time.

I wouldn't consider any of that unless I were competitive. My first thought is it is only going to take one idiot shooting the floor(if he is lucky) drawing from a holster to end that. Maybe I am wrong.

Membership at the closest range to me is 185$ a year. Hundreds less a year than guardian.

Plus my local range has unlimited guest passes (1 per visit).

-Zach

(Bucks County)

I know membership is wicked expensive. Yet there is really no other range where you can do any movement at all, or anything realistic.

(Philadelphia County)

I still can't decide if I want to do a membership or not. The prices are a little high and the guest pass thing is a little odd.

(Bucks County)

I signed up. It was everything I hoped for

I went last week with a group of people at the "Heavy range". The inside of the shop itself looks awesome. Layout is very nice. The range itself was cool, has dynamic targets if you want something moving around to shoot at. Didn't try the shoot house but very cool concept to have. Membership is $$$. Don't know how much daily non member rates are as I didn't pay.

(Bucks County)

If I read their website correctly and they enforce it, certain rooms aren't available to non members. I could be completely wrong.
    Seems like a cool concept. I just can't afford it.
    -Zach

(Montgomery County)

I went there around 8:00 pm, they close at 10:00 pm and they didn't have any rifle lanes available at 9:30 for me. Luckily, they allowed me to use the pistol range for half an hour for free. I went there prior Saturday around same time and was turned back because the waiting list for lanes was too long. It is just crazy the amount of people who go shooting for hours mid ammo shortage.
    It's one of the best ranges that I've been into. Well lit and safe parking lot, well stocked store, polite and not disengaged and disinterested staff, safety officer all the time in all range halls, well ventilated and lit facilities. I really like them, but they are so crazy busy that a membership seems to be more realistic choice now so I can reserve 30-60 min range time. They are 15 miles away from me, so I am not too eager doing that just yet.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast