Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default (Gunsmithing) Barrel cutting/threading for suppressor around Pittsburgh area?

My first choice was ADCO in ohio but I would love to ditch shipping charges off the cost of this work. I need a rem700 barrel cut down and threaded perfectly concentric for use with a suppressor. Any one have any shops in mind? Thanks!

(Washington County)

Default Re: (Gunsmithing) Barrel cutting/threading for suppressor around Pittsburgh area?

Quote Originally Posted by mk3mark View Post
    My first choice was ADCO in ohio but I would love to ditch shipping charges off the cost of this work. I need a rem700 barrel cut down and threaded perfectly concentric for use with a suppressor. Any one have any shops in mind? Thanks!
    Carper's Gunsmith in Washington PA. $75 to $100 depending on rifle. He threaded my Remington 700 and re-crowned it for $75.

2041 West Chestnut Street
    Washington, PA 15301

(724)-225-1911
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: (Gunsmithing) Barrel cutting/threading for suppressor around Pittsburgh area?

Mike Dean 724-556-9177 has done a lot of work for me. He's up north around the Prospect/Newcastle area. He makes a lot of custom rifles and does great work.

Economy Gunsmith said they could do the work as well. I don't have their number handy. Believe the are off of 79 near the Wexford exit.

(Allegheny County)

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but are these places still in business? Anyone else have a recommendation where to get a barrel threaded?

(Beaver County)

Economy is closed. I think Shaw Barrels in the Bridgeville area charges $125.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.