Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Owner of 3 Rivers Tactical Training Arrested!

Quote Originally Posted by IROCZ View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty is all I have said. I'm not comfortable with surrounding a guy who is down just to get a couple of kicks in, must be a personality trait I'm glad I'm not familiar with. I have always noticed in todays society it is accepted practice to throw stones and mud at anyone who may actually be more competent than you are, especially with firearms and cars. It seems to be a guy thing.
    I guess no one else has ever been accused of something that they didn't do before except Eddodonnell, I guess. Almost every Officer I know has been falsely accused of some thing at one time or another.
    I went back and reread the forum rules here again, and it contains a paragraph about representing firearms owners in Pa. I have always wondered if our elected officials google firearms owners in Pa when they are trying to figure out on which side of a new law concerning gun rights they are going to support?
    We really should put our most mature persona on when we fire up our keyboards, if we are to represent firearms owners as responsible and sensible people.

Oh wow. We're gonna go that route?

You may wanna go read the crap John said about "you and I" (gun owners) in the other thread.

If you think THIS thread and it's comments are bad, you must not get out much.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

The woman told state police that she went to Brown's house around 2 a.m. on Dec. 3. She said Brown suggested that they go to his bedroom to watch television, but when they got to his room, the woman said there was no television. Brown took off his pants, according to the complaint, and lay down on his bed.

The woman said she joined Brown on the bed, where they cuddled and talked before he grabbed her face and kissed her. The woman said she pulled away and told Brown that they weren't going to have sex. She told police that Brown rolled on top of her and tried to rip off her shirt but it got caught on her piercings, causing cuts to her skin.

And that is the point where she should have left. I AM NOT blaming the victim but unless you're a niave 13 yr old, who buys the bullshit "come to my bedroom to watch TV" line? On top of that, "no sex, I just want to cuddle with my pants off". This guy is unreal. You can't make this shit up.

I have a working knowledge of many firearms and a good foundation in their use but I am far from "operator" status. Ohh and I drive a Prius so I don't agree with the dick measuring contest BS in this case.

The dude shot his mouth off generalizing mass amounts of people he doesn't know as a danger to society when asked about that he blames the press and backs it up with 110% grade A jerk off attitude. It then turns out that he maybe the REAL danger to society especially to women.

You can see or call it whatever you want but all I see is a case of good ole fashioned Karma.

(Allegheny County)

I guess what comes to my mind is his statement to the media about how "shocked" he is with his fellow gun owners - Isn't his accusations on of our lack of knowledge also alleged and not fact?

well now we also get to speak out - that we are "shocked" at his alleged behavior.

You are right - none of us were there and do not know the truth - but he spoke for us - we can also speak our thoughts.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Innocent until proven guilty is all I have said. I'm not comfortable with surrounding a guy who is down just to get a couple of kicks in, must be a personality trait I'm glad I'm not familiar with. I have always noticed in todays society it is accepted practice to throw stones and mud at anyone who may actually be more competent than you are, especially with firearms and cars. It seems to be a guy thing.
    I guess no one else has ever been accused of something that they didn't do before except Eddodonnell, I guess. Almost every Officer I know has been falsely accused of some thing at one time or another.
    I went back and reread the forum rules here again, and it contains a paragraph about representing firearms owners in Pa. I have always wondered if our elected officials google firearms owners in Pa when they are trying to figure out on which side of a new law concerning gun rights they are going to support?
    We really should put our most mature persona on when we fire up our keyboards, if we are to represent firearms owners as responsible and sensible people.
    Here's another quote from John. In all the classes I've taken, including John's, I've never seen these macho assholes who just want to show off in front of the instructor. That's John's blanket statement about men. It's another example of his low regard for other people. It's not a stretch to think that he respects women as little as he does men & gun owners. When you pair alcohol with disrespect for other people, the allegations seem more plausible. Yes, he's innocent for now, but I sure wouldn't put my money on an acquittal.

Newsflash: Just because you've hunted your whole life, it doesn't mean you know how to use a firearm in a tactical or personal defense situation. At all. Period - end of discussion. I've hunted my entire life too. I've also been around the block a time or two in the tactical world. The two things could not possibly be more different.

The last time I checked, a deer doesn't shoot back.

Most of it simply comes down to ego. Most men think they know everything about guns because they own a couple or they've been to the range to blast caps a few times. Combine that with all the firearms related nonsense in Hollywood, You Tube, and Call Of Duty, and the macho, bullshit attitudes that most guys bring to the range, and, well, most guys think taking an "intro" or a "basic" class is something beneath them, and their ego won't allow them to admit they need to do so.

Yeah, right.

To you men out there - this is by far and away the major reason why all firearms instructors would rather train women. They don't bring an ego and a macho, bullshit attitude to the range. And they LISTEN.

Most men come to a training course with the idea that they are going to show the instructor how super-awesome they are. Please - stop the insanity. Trust me, we've seen better.

Get over yourselves.

(Bucks County)

You mean like how your buddy, the alleged rapist did?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Here's another quote from John. In all the classes I've taken, including John's, I've never seen these macho assholes who just want to show off in front of the instructor. That's John's blanket statement about men. It's another example of his low regard for other people. It's not a stretch to think that he respects women as little as he does men & gun owners. When you pair alcohol with disrespect for other people, the allegations seem more plausible. Yes, he's innocent for now, but I sure wouldn't put my money on an acquittal.
    He is certainly enamored with the words EGO MACHO and BULLSHIT.

(Lancaster County)

Regardless of his guilt or innocence in this case, he apparently has no respect for his potential clientele.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    He is certainly enamored with the words EGO MACHO and BULLSHIT.

All alpha male dominance bull shit. Craps on those who are his equal or hedeems lesser in order to make himself feel like more.

Well that part of him will come in handy if he is convicted and has to do time. Nothing inmates will like more then a dick head ex-cop doing time.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    All alpha male dominance bull shit. Craps on those who are his equal or hedeems lesser in order to make himself feel like more.

Well that part of him will come in handy if he is convicted and has to do time. Nothing inmates will like more then a dick head ex-cop doing time.
    For sexual attacks on women.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast