Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Owner of 3 Rivers Tactical Training Arrested!

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    Well, you could still be accused of having done that without actually having done it.

But yeah, generally speaking you can avoid a whole lot of potential harm by not acting as described.
    I'm sure I could be accused, but without some actual evidence and witnesses I doubt the accusation would go anywhere. I can envision the initial part of the investigation into junk touching going like this.

It would seem there's enough evidence in this case where the detectives involved felt that arresting "one of their own" was warranted.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Erie County)

Why Nancy Parsons didn't get best supporting for her role in this movie, especially for this scene is ….

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Northumberland County)

This whole scenario is biased, just because he was your mentor doesnt mean hes not guilty, the way i see if the victim was a stranger he never met before i dont see any motive why she would make it up as if she knew him before or had disagreements which would leave to a motive to lie. The first thing i looked at is she said he said lets go to his room to watch Tv and there was no Tv in his room indicates his reputation as a liar, so who would you believe? My opinion hes guilty before the trial even started based on the victims statements.

Sucks to be him making a big mistake and losing his entire life that he trained for and can never teach firearms again let alone touch one for a one night romp thinking he could get his way.

I bet he will use the "alcohol impaired his judgement" excuse to get out of all this , thats the most common acquittal weapon.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    This whole scenario is biased, just because he was your mentor doesnt mean hes not guilty, the way i see if the victim was a stranger he never met before i dont see any motive why she would make it up as if she knew him before or had disagreements which would leave to a motive to lie. The first thing i looked at is she said he said lets go to his room to watch Tv and there was no Tv in his room indicates his reputation as a liar, so who would you believe? My opinion hes guilty before the trial even started based on the victims statements.

Sucks to be him making a big mistake and losing his entire life that he trained for and can never teach firearms again let alone touch one for a one night romp thinking he could get his way.

I bet he will use the "alcohol impaired his judgement" excuse to get out of all this , thats the most common acquittal weapon.
    This is only useful for DUI
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    I doubt so too, because like teachers, clergy, university football defensive coordinators, day care service providers and others, police are held to a higher standard than the average schlub like Streaker and me.

Or should be.

Noah
    Do you think football quarterbacks should be also? What about doctors? Bus drivers? School bus drivers? Food handling technicians? What is the higher standard you have for sexual assault? Sclubs get away with more bad behavior? No, the law is the law, I think sexual assault applies to everyone evenly, unless its your teams quarterback, right?

(Allegheny County)

So, he is guilty in your mind because of his employment. I do know that he is a Pennsylvania Firearms Owner, an American, a veteran, a former contractor and just recently, a part time police officer. He still has rights. He is not convicted of a crime yet, he is accused. The law states that there is a presumption of innocence until a person is proven guilty. He may very well be guilty. But it is prudent and responsible to wait for that judgment. I know, wow what a concept, huh?
    Anyone can accuse anyone of anything. An accusation of this nature, is hard to defend against. When this happened, there were only 2 involved parties. It really doesn't take that much evidence to charge someone with a crime, especially one of this nature. Yes Sir, its he said, she said. I know you all must have some deep inside wisdom on this case, I do not. I only met JB through working with him, years ago. I never took a class from him, never even had a beer with him.
    But I will tell you that I have written the reports, you know, real reports with just the facts in them. When I get home from work and see my cases hit the news channel, most of the time I don't even recognize them. The news has dipped into the realm of almost reality TV. They present information in a certain way to get ratings, not really concerning themselves with the truth. You remember when the media coined the term "Assault rifle" for semi auto's? It just sounded flashier. Do you really put your faith in the fact that the media is accurate?
    I do get it, It's cool to bash the police right now, this puts some of you all in great company. I just think most of this is jealousy

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by IROCZ View Post
    So, he is guilty in your mind because of his employment. I do know that he is a Pennsylvania Firearms Owner, an American, a veteran, a former contractor and just recently, a part time police officer. He still has rights. He is not convicted of a crime yet, he is accused. The law states that there is a presumption of innocence until a person is proven guilty. He may very well be guilty. But it is prudent and responsible to wait for that judgment. I know, wow what a concept, huh?
    Why did he remove his name and picture from his business website? There is, after all, a presumption of innocence until proven guilty. He's not waiting for that judgement before taking action for some reason. Que?

Quote Originally Posted by IROCZ View Post
    I just think most of this is jealousy
    I trust you jest? I'm not sure there is a person here who'd rather have a couple of felony charges waiting for a prelim rather than be slightly lower speed and higher drag than the esteemed Mr. Brown.

Myself, when I want to envy someone on PAFOA, it's largely Cruzans' purchasing habits or EM's superiorly attired lawn care gear or streaker's banhammer.
    Last edited by pyld; February 2nd, 2016 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Remove something

(Lancaster County)

I'm not sure anyone has said "yep, he's guilty".. They've implied karma is a bitch.
    We have a thread where John was called out for what many believe was a stupid statement about gun owners. Most of his defenders spoke about the importance of training and that wasn't the complaint against him.
    Now he's charged with a crime and we aren't to discuss that either.
    Look at the thread topics, many are about someone doing something and opinions about that something.

(Tioga County)

I have to echo Mitch here. I think everyone has been pretty fair to the guy considering he made retarded statements to the media about gun owners and then went and got himself charged with some serious crimes. When you hail yourself as a paragon of virtue, well controlled, trained, high speed low drag, responsible gun owner who offers training products to the public and then it turns out you actually do some pretty stupid stuff in reality, plus you've decided to be a public figure in the media, well expect to get called out and criticized.

(Allegheny County)

Innocent until proven guilty is all I have said. I'm not comfortable with surrounding a guy who is down just to get a couple of kicks in, must be a personality trait I'm glad I'm not familiar with. I have always noticed in todays society it is accepted practice to throw stones and mud at anyone who may actually be more competent than you are, especially with firearms and cars. It seems to be a guy thing.
    I guess no one else has ever been accused of something that they didn't do before except Eddodonnell, I guess. Almost every Officer I know has been falsely accused of some thing at one time or another.
    I went back and reread the forum rules here again, and it contains a paragraph about representing firearms owners in Pa. I have always wondered if our elected officials google firearms owners in Pa when they are trying to figure out on which side of a new law concerning gun rights they are going to support?
    We really should put our most mature persona on when we fire up our keyboards, if we are to represent firearms owners as responsible and sensible people.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast