Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Anyone want kittens?

Quick summary;

We've had a stray cat hanging around our house for about a year or so. We'd see her under the bushes, etc. We nicknamed her "meow kitty" because she was always quite vocal. We put out food for her but she wouldn't come close. She'd always stay under the bushes until we left or went inside.

This year she would come on the porch with us at the door. About a few weeks ago she finally allowed us to pet her. She's become quite friendly. She definitely had been around people as she is not a full blown feral cat. However, she is definitely prego!

My wife and I scooped her up last night and put her in our basement. Today, I worked the midnight shift, we ran her out to our vet. (Mega brownie points from the wife for this ) The vet checked her out and she is okay. The vet thinks the kittens will come this week. So, "meow kitty" is back in our basement, with all the comforts of home.

Now, we already have a German Shepherd, two cats and three ferrets. Once the kittens are born my wife will have the momma fixed, and we will probably end up keeping her. As for the kittens.............well, there is no way my wife wants them to go to the SPCA. Not that she has a problem with the SPCA, but all the SPCA's are already over flowing with cats/kittens.

So..............if anyone is in the market for a kitten....................

Default Re: Anyone want kittens?

....funny you should ask, Steve. I have been trying to get rid of two full grown cats for ten years! Seriously though, we just had a litter behind the shed, and the neighbors found them all homes. I hope you guys are as lucky.
    Jules

(Lebanon County)

Good luck in getting them all homes. Rep coming for rescuing the mommy and taking such good care of her. Also for not taking the kittens to the SPCA. I hear you about the over-crowding. It is sad that more people do not spay/neuter their pets. The only reason our dog isn't neutered is because you can't alter a dog when they're being shown. Both of our cats are spayed though. I hear people complain about the cost all the time and I want to say "well how much do you think the vet bills are for a pregnant cat and then caring for the kittens!!!?"

(Luzerne County)

We've got kittens! Looks like about 6, but kinda hard to tell right now.

I woke up this afternoon after working the midnight shift last night. My wife went downstairs to check on momma kitty........she came back up and said..........we got kittens.

Ditto on the spaying/neutering thing. All of our animals (dog and 2 cats) are fixed. My wife didn't want to see the kittens born under someone's porch, etc and then become street cats. I'll post some pictures when I can.

(Lebanon County)

Well congrats to the new mommy kitty. I hope they are all healthy and happy kittens.

(Luzerne County)

Here are a couple of quick pictures. We didn't want to bother her right now. Meow Kitty is beiing a good mother, making sure all her kittens are being fed.

You can only see one or two here, but at last count we think there are six all together.

(Lebanon County)

Yeah, she doesn't look like she's all about pics in the first one. LOL! Typical woman. heh. The kittens are so cute.

I'll trade you 3 cats for 3 kittens if you want. Mine are past the cute phase.
    So ones good, ones strange, and ones an ass.

Be very afraid of a man with only one gun.
    The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights reserved.
    911 - government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer

(Luzerne County)

Um.........no. LOL

We already have one German Shepherd, three ferrets and two, which will soon turn into three cats. Ain't got no room for any more cats or kittens!

i might consider taking one once they get a little older.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast