Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Checking In

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Checking In

Hey , you know ,you mutts could tip a brother off to a PA based forum! It's not like ya don't have my e-mail address I know you guys talkin about a local shoot in Blair county are just tryin to keep me out !!

Ray

(Bedford County)

Hey Ray

Hadn't thought to mention this board to be honest - almost probably thinkin you were too busy. I only manage to drop by very occasionally if truth known.

Give me a call sometime ..... too many months have slipped by!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.
    "To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

CombatCarry.com CCW forum

(Blair County)

Altoona checking in...I would definitely be up for a shoot...I also have some land in the Puzzletown area which may serve well.

(Cambria County)

In case you want to play. Holidaysburg Sportmans Club is having a IDPA (combat shoot) starting next Saturday. I will be there. Went to an intro class today. Good bunch of guns running this thing. Cost is $10 to cover range fees and targets. Should be fun. I'll be there.

http://www.idpa.com/

http://www.hollidaysburgsportsmensclub.com/

Move and shoot. Duck and shoot. Reload and shoot. Shoot faster. Shoot straighter. Shoot faster and straighter. Laugh you ass off at yourself and just have fun.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Blair County)

Hello,
    I'm new to this board. Came in via a friend from Pitts. who is a member (cush1220) We went to the monthly shoot this past Sunday and had a great time. Glad to see others from my area. Is there a formal "introduction" section?
    Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote. Benjamin Franklin

(Centre County)

Also from good old Altoona as well. Can't wait to meet some of you guys this season for IDPA/USPSA.
    Machinist for hire - Get a hold of me if you need something made

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclemoak View Post
    Also from good old Altoona as well. Can't wait to meet some of you guys this season for IDPA/USPSA.
    Another Altoid....what are you guys doing over there

welcome to the site
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Blair County)

I'm also an Altoid. It's nice to see so many guys on this forum from the area. I've just lurked on PAFOA for the past year or so, but decided to post after finding the county forum. I spend most of my time at Uzitalk and, occasionally, at 1919a4.com.

Denny

(Blair County)

Scoutjoe,

I saw your post concerning semiautos at Altoona Volunteer. That's too bad. It used to be a nice, little club. It sucks that some of our worst enemies are sometimes within our own ranks. I get a little fed up with the holier-than-thou attitude demonstrated by some hunters and paper punchers. I hunt too, but I'm first and foremost a gun owner. Unless somebody is doing something destructive, dangerous, or just plain rude, they should be able to enjoy their guns any way they see fit.

If you're still looking for a friendly place to shoot, you may want to try Riggles Gap (aka Blair County Game, Fish, and Forestry Assoc.). As long as you police your trash and don't blow the hell out of the target frames, semiautos and NFA are welcome. If you need information (location, etc.), send me an e-mail.

Denny

(Blair County)

Block Head,

I've since let my membership lapse at Altoona volunteer. I had been told up there that as long as i shot my semi-auto responsibly that nobody would bother me.

They did try and get everyone check in at the clubhouse before shooting (which I found difficult to do since there is almost always no one up there to check in with). The final straw was one bad experience with (what I'm assuming) was a range officer who "had an AK behind the door and wasn't afraid to use it".

Dude they are only target stands, you should of seen his face when I pulled out my WASR-22.

I have since moved though and its closer for me to belong to Hollidaysburg Sportsmans. Yes it costs more but I have found no problems at all out there yet, even when shooting skeet with my Saiga-12.

I've been down to Riggle's Gap twice, both times was right before rifle season and they were busy but I was able to look around a bit and it seems like a very nice club.
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast