Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default RMR cut for Glock

Ok so I am starting to save up for an RMR for one of my glocks. I know that it is going to take me a little bit to save up the money, pay once yada yada.

But in the mean time I would like to be able to get my slide set up for it, I see that some companies make RMR "battle plates" i guess is the name.

My question is does anyone have any experience with these and would any companies RMR cuts work with the battle plates. I only ask because I saw a video on a comparison between SAI and Agency Arms and the guy was talking about how the AA could use the plates but his SAI could not.

Granted I am looking for other places to do my slide work because cant get just slide work from SAI, and as much as i like the AA cuts i dont need all those cuts, just something simple to lighten the slide and mount the RMR

*also open to suggestions to other places that do slide work at a reasonable price, i already have a shop that i would have do the cerakote, and dont want to spend hundreds on some flashy slide millings*

(Bucks County)

Default Re: RMR cut for Glock

Another set of initials to figure out. This is getting to be too much.

SAI - salient arms international
    AA - Agency Arms

(Lackawanna County)

You could buy an mos model. 17 and 19s were just announced. If you don't want to spend hundreds on milling it you should probably not look. It's going to cost that much

Well i already have the glock, and the msrp of a MOS is about $800, vs RMR cuts I've found at about $125-$150. But i am hoping to find someone that would do some rxtra cuts but wouldn't cost me another $500. Plus this is going to be a carry gun and i don't really want to trust mounting plates connected between an RMR and slide

(Centre County)

Glockmeister does a RMR cut and Cerakote the slide for $160 plus shipping.....

http://www.glockmeister.com/Glockmei...fo/GMCSRMRCUT/

Www.landmprecisiongunworks.com does ala cart work.....

Ateiguns.com
    Last edited by FLICK; January 26th, 2016 at 11:35 AM.
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Lancaster County)

I had mine done by jagerwerks eng. 125$ for the milling, custom carbon fiber cover plate is 30$. Turn around is like 2-3 weeks.

http://jagerwerkseng.com

Quote Originally Posted by FLICK View Post
    Glockmeister does a RMR cut and Cerakote the slide for $160 plus shipping.....

http://www.glockmeister.com/Glockmei...fo/GMCSRMRCUT/

Www.landmprecisiongunworks.com does ala cart work.....

Ateiguns.com
    awesome thanks ill check them out

Quote Originally Posted by Glockman24 View Post
    I had mine done by jagerwerks eng. 125$ for the milling, custom carbon fiber cover plate is 30$. Turn around is like 2-3 weeks.

http://jagerwerkseng.com
    sweet i will check them out as well.

***edit*** thanks for the info, and just got done checking these links out, and so far I'm really liking the stuff from jagerwerks, along with just a RMR milling at a good price, they have what looks like pretty good pricing on some (not over the top) full slide milling as well
    Last edited by sgreen10; January 27th, 2016 at 01:30 AM.

(Lancaster County)

Yeah they do great slide work. I had mine done in the "breacher" style. Makes it look completely different. And their turn around is fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockman24 View Post
    Yeah they do great slide work. I had mine done in the "breacher" style. Makes it look completely different. And their turn around is fast.
    I really like the look of their stuff, like i said I'm not looking for something super flashy, or building a race gun. This is going to be my EDC and their cuts look both good and functional.

And I do have to say the price seems to be pretty great, $125 for just the RMR milling but unlike every other place I have looked they refinish the slide at no added charge (basic black or gray color)

Oh and who can complain about a 1-2 week turn around time. I'm just waiting to get my gun back from the gunsmith hopefully this week so I can send the slide out asap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast