Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Road Rage ..Bad move by customs agent ?

Unfortunately this didn't have to happen.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,400025,00.html

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Road Rage ..Bad move by customs agent ?

No it shouldn't have happened. Why would a federal agent go so far as to get involved in such trivial interactions with another especially with his daughter in the vehicle with him? He should have known better.
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by shooter357 View Post
    ....with his daughter in the vehicle with him?
    To me, this is the real tragedy. As a Father, the first priority is to remove her from a potential threat, not bring her to it. Now, this will be with her for the rest of her days.

As for the ICE Agent, sad, but he made his choice.

Be safe.

Scott

(Butler County)

People suck.

The sad thing is, things like that are not even surprising.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by shooter357 View Post
    No it shouldn't have happened. Why would a federal agent go so far as to get involved in such trivial interactions with another especially with his daughter in the vehicle with him? He should have known better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swarner793 View Post
    To me, this is the real tragedy. As a Father, the first priority is to remove her from a potential threat, not bring her to it. Now, this will be with her for the rest of her days.

As for the ICE Agent, sad, but he made his choice.

Be safe.

Scott

So what the hell did yinz read....
    The ICE Agent was the one with his daughter in the car. He was also the one who was murdered in cold blood. He pulled into a post office with his daughter in the car was followed by a hostile. Got into a argument with the man and was shot IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD...
    Road rage is a big problem and the ICE Agent could have done things to help prevent his death but that is overlooking the real problem. That one man shot to death another man over a stupid gesture...
    My thoughts and prayers go out to that little girl who now has to live with being a witness to this horrible murder...
    -A
    Last edited by Autonomous; August 9th, 2008 at 07:18 PM. Reason: daughter not grand daughter
    No matter who you vote for the government always gets in.

(Venango County)

I read that the Agent (Pettit) is the one who followed Wonder into the Post Office parking lot. It is Pettit who continued the aggression and he had a kid with him.

A shot to the back of the head would be hard to show justified, however.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Autonomous View Post
    So what the hell did yinz read....
    The ICE Agent was the one with his daughter in the car. He was also the one who was murdered in cold blood. He pulled into a post office with his daughter in the car was followed by a hostile. Got into a argument with the man and was shot IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD...
    Road rage is a big problem and the ICE Agent could have done things to help prevent his death but that is overlooking the real problem. That one man shot to death another man over a stupid gesture...
    My thoughts and prayers go out to that little girl who now has to live with being a witness to this horrible murder...
    -A
    Incorrect... Pettit, the dead guy, followed Wonder, the live guy, into the post office parking lot. Pettit is the one who escalated the confrontation by following the "stranger" into the parking lot. Pettit had his daughter in the car with him.

I wonder if Pettit's status as a federal agent maybe played into his ego or if he just lost it and went nuts on the guy. Maybe Wonder felt threatened, pulled the gun, Pettit turned to run just as Wonder fired. Who knows how this will play out in the courts.

But... I will say that if someone follows me and tries to start a physical confrontation, they may end up seeing the business end of a .45. I used to be an aggressive driver but not anymore. Driving a school bus for 5 years cured me of that real quick. It's just not worth the aggravation.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
    Incorrect... Pettit, the dead guy, followed Wonder, the live guy, into the post office parking lot. Pettit is the one who escalated the confrontation by following the "stranger" into the parking lot. Pettit had his daughter in the car with him.

I wonder if Pettit's status as a federal agent maybe played into his ego or if he just lost it and went nuts on the guy. Maybe Wonder felt threatened, pulled the gun, Pettit turned to run just as Wonder fired. Who knows how this will play out in the courts.

But... I will say that if someone follows me and tries to start a physical confrontation, they may end up seeing the business end of a .45. I used to be an aggressive driver but not anymore. Driving a school bus for 5 years cured me of that real quick. It's just not worth the aggravation.
    If you feared for your life and shot someone, would you do this?

Wonder tried to cover his tracks, Segarra said, greasing his hair to make it darker and renting a car to drive to dialysis rather than using the one he was in when he got into the argument with Pettit.
    The placement of a shot in the back is not proof of guilt in itself because people can turn very quickly. But that fact plus the fact that shooter tried to hide from the cops makes me very suspicious. The court case will be interesting.

(Chester County)

Yeah the whole trying to hide thing makes it alot more suspicious.

I forgot to add that if I were being followed, I'd dial 911 and work my toward a police station if possible. I sure as hell would try to keep moving and try my best not to stop.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Allegheny County)

So sorry that I jumped on the first few posters....Not cool...Kinda funny though that I jumped on someone for reading the news wrong when I myself did not read carefully...(asshat now on)...
    I guess I jumped on it cause the case seems to be so clearly not a good shoot. One to the back of the head is hard as hell to justify. Then trying to cover your tracts in such a hollywood way screams guilt.
    Sorry to Swarner792 and Shooter357
    thank you TaePo and PisnNapalm for correcting me...
    -A
    Last edited by Autonomous; August 10th, 2008 at 10:11 AM. Reason: caint spell all these names...
    No matter who you vote for the government always gets in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast