Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hokkmike Guest

Default One vote away from NO GUNS!

As I considered today's politics, bleak anyway you look at it, the worst case scenario for gun rights supporters has to involve the Supreme Court.

With 2 or 3 justices potentially to be replaced during the next presidential term their selection will be critical.

In the last major decision in which the SCOTUS affirmed the Second Amendment as an individual right we were only ONE VOTE away from being on the losing end.

In light of the Democratic candidates increasingly extreme and unreasonable stances on gun control every voter needs to recognize how damaging their election to office WILL be.

This, more than any of the unsaleable legislation foisted before congress, scares me the most.

Default Re: One vote away from NO GUNS!

What are they going to do? Come to your house,my house, both my neighbor's houses,most of my friend's houses..you get the point.
    If it ever gets to that point, we would already be in a civil war.
    Not sure who would volunteer to go house to house on a suicide mission.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by pacodelahoya View Post
    What are they going to do? Come to your house,my house, both my neighbor's houses,most of my friend's houses..you get the point.
    They don't have to. They'll just wait until they start catching people here and there with them and slowly arrest them. Those that have banned items won't be able to do anything with them and those that have an interest in such things will slowly die out. There's not going to be any mass armed revolution. Half of the people will turn there stuff in. The other half will sit and hide what they have waiting for the "time" that won't even come. The small pockets of insurrection that do arise will be quashed quickly and easily.

Sorry, but the reset option is long past I fear. Most people's lives are not bad enough to risk death or the death of their families in a revolt. Going door to door would be the worst way to achieve what they want and they know it. They'll play the same long game they've been and succeeding at.

(Chester County)

Ask Canada about that.

(Beaver County)

All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void.” (Marbury vs.Madison, 1803.)

It's "We the People" not "we do as they say"
    'It is Their Right, It is Their Duty, To Throw Off Such Government '

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    Ask Canada about that.
    The only thing that separates us from Europe, UK, Australia and Canada is the 2A. If we lose that, then forget about it. The courts can neuter the 2A in a heart beat.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    They don't have to. They'll just wait until they start catching people here and there with them and slowly arrest them. Those that have banned items won't be able to do anything with them and those that have an interest in such things will slowly die out. There's not going to be any mass armed revolution. Half of the people will turn there stuff in. The other half will sit and hide what they have waiting for the "time" that won't even come. The small pockets of insurrection that do arise will be quashed quickly and easily.

I feel the same will happen. Kiss all the ranges good bye. No more back yard shooting, nothing.
    A bunch of closet queens are all we are going to have. I would rather see an attempted confiscation
    and people fighting for their GOD GIVEN CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS than cowering in the corner
    and hiding your firearms, patiently waiting (years) for the law to be repealed.

(Northampton County)

With all due respect (and sympathy), you've been listening to Obama too much.

Would you like a new job dealing cocaine? You can keep a pound or so under your kid's bed. It's not like they are coming to every door in the US this week and checking for it.

See how dumb that sounds?

This "the far right thinks we are going to confiscate their guns" strawman doesn't actually mean anything. How did they so qickly convince people to believe that making stuff illegal with long prison terms was nothing to worry about?

Here is a post I just made elsewhere.

They are not coming to confiscate your guns?

That'sa Democrat red herring. I can't believe people fall for staw man arguments. It's like, "You can't deport 12 million illegal aliens!"*

OK, cocaine is illegal, but we are not going to come to everybody's door confiscating their cocaine. How stupid does that sound?

Illegal is illegal. Why do they want them registered? Because they plan to make them illegal. They are going to take them one by one and put your asses in jail one by one. As soon as you come to their attention. The same way all crime is prosecuted. I can't believe you are falling for these democrat nonsensical talking points. When is the last time you said to yourself, "I don't care if anything is illegal, because they are not going to come to everybody's door this week." Never. You just got brainwashed. As for registration, you don't think registration makes it more likely you will come to their attention? The cops have any reason to mess with you, like your wife screws around on you and tells the cops you hit her, or your neighbor narcs you out because you won't let him borrow your edger, the first thing the cops are doing is checking that registry. and stuff that has been made illegal they are coming a looking for.

Finally, of COURSE they could confiscate 30,000, or a million guns in CA. Once they start you guys will be turning them in or moving them out of state they will only have kicked in 10 doors before 99% of your guns are gone.

*Well, actually Bush did. And Clinton deported 10 million.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Columbia County)

There are two ways that the voters of PA contribute to the probability that the next Supreme Court picks will be anti-second amendment. The first is PA is a blue state when it comes to presidential elections. This means unless something changes, its Hillary’s state to lose. Second is the Pat Toomey issue. A lot of users of this website mentioned that they will not vote for Toomey. Should the Senate fall into the Democrats hands and Hillary takes the presidency it will be the perfect storm. She will nominate liberal anti-gun judges and a democratic controlled senate will confirm it. This is in addition to her promise the use executive orders to create more gun control/gun bans. If these EOs are challenged through the courts does anyone want to guess the outcome?

I am one of those people who is thankful that the Supreme Court recently rejected an assault weapons ban case. With its razor thin margin in the DC vs Heller case, there is no telling how the judges(two liberal judges were replaced by liberal judges since the decision ) would decide an assault weapons ban case.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; January 18th, 2016 at 02:42 PM.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    As I considered today's politics, bleak anyway you look at it, the worst case scenario for gun rights supporters has to involve the Supreme Court. With 2 or 3 justices potentially to be replaced during the next presidential term their selection will be critical...
    IMHO - Their are a bunch of members (and gun carrying citizens) that hate the Democrats and their stance on 2A YET (if Trump gets nominated) have all but said they won't vote for either. That is EXACTLY what the Democrats expect and that is why they will win the next election. While liberals will vote Democratic regardless of the nominee most Republicans (and many members here) will just bitch and complain and not vote. Yes, such a shame...
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 17th, 1790)
    Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office!
    ..: TO SERVE AND PROTECT! Positive Stories :..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast