Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hokkmike Guest

Default Can you CC at the PA Farm Show?

Heard they are tightening security at the PA Farm Show in Harrisburg. Does anybody know if they permit CC ?

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Can you CC at the PA Farm Show?

Yes. OC too.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lycoming County)

Yes, ad far as I know.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    Heard they are tightening security at the PA Farm Show in Harrisburg. Does anybody know if they permit CC ?
    You can, but I don't know why you wouldn't just OC like normal.....

*I went Sunday and Wednesday. Lots of PSP, but I doubt any more than normal, since there are always a lot. Bought some PSP gun raffle tickets Sunday, talked with the officers by the main entrance on Wednesday.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Lancaster County)

i was there on monday, CC and had no problems. We took the shuttle over to the farm show from the HACC parking, they dropped us off at the back door and you go right in. no PSP or anything.

Yesterday the 15th (Friday, a busy day) I OC'd all day without any incident. I crossed path with PSP several times and all they gave was a general nod and continued on their way. In fact at one occasion I when I was waiting in line to get some food two officers came up to get something and they suggested I get some of the vendor's cookies because they were really good (they were I bought two). They clearly noticed my firearm because I saw them look down at it but it might as well been a cell phone because they didn't even address it.

I even ended up standing next to some Amish and Conservative Mennonite families at some events and all they would do is look and continue watching the event. They didn't move or look angry or give me a sideways glance.

I did have one encounter with a patron (one of the exhibitors among the Jersey farmers) who asked if OC was legal. I was suprised he asked but kindly informed them it certainly was. Then he mentioned how Texas just recently passed open carry and I laughed because that's where I'm from (visiting PA with my wife to see her family).

And not that this matters in the grand scheme of things because everyone should be treated equally under the law (even though it doesn't happen) but I am a large African American male.

Side note: OC laws and ease of carrying (outside of Philadelphia) appear to be better than Texas. We have these annoying 30.06 and 30.07 laws where business can post signs to prevent you from carrying (not "no guns" signs but legislated enforceable signs). People think that if publically people carry guns everyone is going to be scared and not shop there. It's foolish because Texas has almost 1 million people who have LTC permits.
    Last edited by Charold26; January 16th, 2016 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Wrong date posted

(York County)

Charold26, thanks for the input, and welcome to the group! It's nice to get an 'out of state' perspective on our laws and LEO. While some will disagree, I've had nothing but positive encounters and professionalism from the PSP. I can't say the same about some city departments, but overall, I think you will find PA is a fairly friendly state.

Finally, it's great to see that more people other than old fat white guys are involved in firearms and taking advantage of the associated rights. The only way we will ever keep this right is to broaden our base of support. Each of us needs to take any opportunity to portray owners in a positive light, take a newbie shooting, and be an ambassador for the cause.

I'll get off my soapbox; I hope you enjoyed what PA and the farm show had to offer!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    ...more people other than old fat white guys are involved in firearms...
    Hey, now! I...

ummm...

I...

never mind...

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Charold26 View Post
    Yesterday the 15th (Friday, a busy day) I OC'd all day without any incident. I crossed path with PSP several times and all they gave was a general nod and continued on their way. In fact at one occasion I when I was waiting in line to get some food two officers came up to get something and they suggested I get some of the vendor's cookies because they were really good (they were I bought two). They clearly noticed my firearm because I saw them look down at it but it might as well been a cell phone because they didn't even address it.

I even ended up standing next to some Amish and Conservative Mennonite families at some events and all they would do is look and continue watching the event. They didn't move or look angry or give me a sideways glance.

I did have one encounter with a patron (one of the exhibitors among the Jersey farmers) who asked if OC was legal. I was suprised he asked but kindly informed them it certainly was. Then he mentioned how Texas just recently passed open carry and I laughed because that's where I'm from (visiting PA with my wife to see her family).

And not that this matters in the grand scheme of things because everyone should be treated equally under the law (even though it doesn't happen) but I am a large African American male.

Side note: OC laws and ease of carrying (outside of Philadelphia) appear to be better than Texas. We have these annoying 30.06 and 30.07 laws where business can post signs to prevent you from carrying (not "no guns" signs but legislated enforceable signs). People think that if publicly people carry guns everyone is going to be scared and not shop there. It's foolish because Texas has almost 1 million people who have LTC permits.
    Thanks for sharing. Ken Blanchard recently mentioned OC in his podcast, and one of the reasons he does not do it is because he is black, and cops are who they are. His podcast is excellent, you (and everyone else), should check it out. Mayhap drop him a message and share your experience, after all, I'm a skinny man of Irish & Germanic descent, so I can not really speak to the colored open carry experience.

Our gun laws are far better than Texas, and we have more people carrying than you do, per capita.

Also, the pastor said I needed to invite someone to church. So if you're free & an hour north of Harrisburg next Sunday....
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast