Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Smith and Alexander

I ordered a mainspring housing for my Springfield Mil-Spec from Midway. I bought the Ed Brown housing and when it got here it had the Mag Well slot and tapped hole in it with no plug. I wrote to Ed brown and they responded quickly to give me the tapped hole threads per inch. I decided to send it back because I wasn't going to use a mag well with this gun. So I checked both Brownell's and Midway and a few other sites for the housing that I was looking for. None of them carry the full line of Smith and Alexander or Ed Brown.

I called Smith and Alexander and told them what I wanted. The woman on the phone said they have what I was looking for, took my name and Credit Card number and by the end of the week I had the housing I was looking for in my mailbox. I spent a total of just a couple of minutes on the phone with a woman that obviously knew her business quite well. The piece fit perfectly when you use the standard 1911 spring and pin kit from Wilson. I did all this to get rid of the unsightly and irritating ILS hole that Springfield insists upon using against all customer suggestions just like Smith and Wesson with the hole in their frames.

Anyway Smith and Alexander is a stand up company and I highly recommend you go to them first instead of wasting time playing around with Midway or Brownell's who don't carry the full line of Smith and Alexander. They also sent me a catalog of all their nice stuff and a booklet with the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution in it. Great people in my opinion.
    http://www.smithandalexander.com/

Also, here's a link to an informative post over at 1911 that gives you a good idea with images on what you need to do a clean up of your Springfield.
    https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=334332
    Last edited by JenniferG; January 12th, 2016 at 04:14 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC