Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default OC in Texas and Walmart Greeters

OCing in a Walmart requires the store to check for your permit, if they sell alcohol.

Managers at Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in Texas have a new task to add to their list of duties: asking customers if they have a permit to carry a handgun.

To comply with state liquor rules, the world’s biggest retailer sent a written notice last month to stores that sell alcohol, telling managers to ensure that customers who openly carry firearms under a new law have licenses. Cashiers or door greeters who see someone with a gun are to alert the highest- ranking employee, who is to approach the customer and ask to see the paperwork.
    http://www.dallasnews.com/business/r...registered.ece

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Default Re: OC in Texas and Walmart Greeters

lol, this should go over well

(Northampton County)

Texas is a nice state, but they blow for guns. Heck, we have 4x their carry rate. I don't blame them. They are not allowed to carry anywhere.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Lancaster County)

I'd ask for more money. When I was told carry wasn't allowed at my local Subway I talked to the manager.
    Him: It scares these young kids to have a customer with a gun come in. They don't know what you plan on doing

Me: So you have these kids confront the guy with a gun and tell him to put the gun in his car or he's not welcome? Possibly angering a potential customer?

Him: Why do you need a gun?

These policies create confrontation and conflict. With the so called concern about guns, is the answer found in confrontation and possible conflict? Especially if not trained in that area?

I'm pretty easy going but what about those that "Ever hear of the Constitution...." guys or similar? The store has the right to set policy I just think it's not always well thought out and opens them to liability

(Elk County)

All that needs is for 2A supporters organize with modified "flash mobs" at WMs in their respective areas, open carrying, entering the store 5 mins apart all day. Lather, rinse, repeat every day or every other day. The already busy WM general managers or asst. managers won't be able to do anything, and the problem will go away.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    All that needs is for 2A supporters organize with modified "flash mobs" at WMs in their respective areas, open carrying, entering the store 5 mins apart all day. Lather, rinse, repeat every day or every other day. The already busy WM general managers or asst. managers won't be able to do anything, and the problem will go away.

Noah
    ...and have them all wear a blue vest.

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Texas is a nice state, but they blow for guns. Heck, we have 4x their carry rate. I don't blame them. They are not allowed to carry anywhere.
    But yet we are always hearing how much of a gun haven Texas is, especially from Texans.(pretty much daily on other sites)

My question is, if this law pertains to OC why has it not pertained to CC for all those years as well. A gun in the store is a gun in the store.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    But yet we are always hearing how much of a gun haven Texas is, especially from Texans.(pretty much daily on other sites)

My question is, if this law pertains to OC why has it not pertained to CC for all those years as well. A gun in the store is a gun in the store.
    As the old adage goes, "concealed is concealed."

If nobody knows, nobody can ask.

Every time someone talks about Texas and how awesome they are for guns, I remind them that we've had legal open carry in PA continuously since before the Revolution. Texas good for guns? Pssh, they're only mildly tolerable.

Yeah I know the whole "concealed is concealed" deal. But it still does not address the law which concerns guns at places that sells alcohol, it does not specifically say it pertains only to OC. Yeah you don't know to check a permit if you can't see the gun but the gun is still there regardless. Just because the firearm is OC doesn't mean staff knows its there and they sure don't know if the gun is "illegal".

An "illegal firearm", "Unlicensed handgun"..... Pretty sure Texas doesn't license firearms and they sure don't have the resources to tell if the gun is stolen and etc.
    Last edited by dkf; January 12th, 2016 at 05:15 PM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post

Noah

...and the problem will go away with banning guns altogether.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast