Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Thumbs down National Gun Supply

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on PAFOA. I have been reading these forums in excess of five years, but only recently created an account to post here.

I have recently had a problem with a website called National Gun Supply, a shop based out of Loomis California. Here is my story:

I purchased four (4) "Magpul Pmag M3 20 Round AR15 Magazine - 5.56 NATO/.223 (Mag560)" from National Gun Supply's website on December 6th. The description of the item said (as it still does as of this writing) that these magazines have a "straight body" and the picture clearly shows a that of a straight bodied magazine. However, when the magazines arrived at my house, they were all the curved variant currently manufactured by Magpul. These are not the magazines I wanted. These are not the magazines described on their website. These are not the magazines I ordered.

On December 9th, after receiving the magazines, I used the National Gun Supply website's "Have a Question?" feature to explain that I had received incorrect magazines.

I received no reply.

On December 11th, I took a chance and sent an email reply to the invoice at sales@nationalgunsupply.com and again explained that I received incorrect magazines.

On December 14th, I received a reply from "Fred" at dynamicmarketing@att.net saying that "[i]f [the magazines] will not work out for you please let us know and we can issue a return number"

On December 14th, that same day, I replied to Fred at dynamicmarketing@att.net requesting a return number.

I received no reply.

On December 18th, I again sent an email to dynamicmarketing@att.net requesting a return number.

I received no reply.

On December 23rd, I emailed both sales@nationalgunsupply.com and dynamicmarketing@att.net again requesting a return number.

I received no reply.

I sent a follow up email to sales@nationalgunsupply.com and dynamicmarketing@att.net one last time on December 31st requesting that they send me a return number and address so that I may return these unwanted magazines to them, and issue me a refund.

I received no reply.

I do not know why this process has become so difficult. They have sent me the wrong item. I specifically ordered the "straight body" magazines advertised on the National Gun Supply website. If they are unable to provide them, then they should not be advertising them. All of the magazines are still in their original packaging and totally unopened, a return for a full refund should be very simple.

It should also be noted that the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the National Gun Sales website links to a page with no method of contacting them. The page provides no phone number. The page provides no email address. Additionally, the text says to click on an image "found at the top on every page", however, no such image exists at the top of any page. Lastly, the page says their California showroom is open by appointment only (which is not helpful because I am in Pennsylvania and am unable contact National Gun Supply to make an appointment anyway).

Additionally, the "Shipping and Returns" policy page also provides no method of contacting them.

The only method of contacting National Gun Supply is found by clicking on the "Customer Service" link at the top of your page then scanning the dozens of links for "How do I contact you?" which finally brings the user to a page that again tells the user to click on a non-existing image but also gives the email address "sales@nationalgunsupply.com".

It is as if National Gun Supply is making it intentionally difficult for anyone to contact them. This is laziness at best, and unscrupulous at worst.

I have filed a consumer complaint against them with the California Attorney General regarding this, and I plan on raising awareness of their poor business ethics on other sites. Has anyone else had any experience with National Gun Supply?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: National Gun Supply

You might want to call your bank, explain the situation and have them put a hold on the credit card charge.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
    You might want to call your bank, explain the situation and have them put a hold on the credit card charge.
    Regretfully I ordered the magazines with a debit card. Unless someone can correct me, I am not sure that my bank or any others can or will place a hold on a charge for when using debit.

Also, if they can for a debit card, the charge was applied one month ago. I believe that ship has sailed.

(Chester County)

If you do a little online looking, you will find testimonials to what a great guy "Dave" is.

There are some leads to follow. Take a look at The Helmet Source.

From ICANN:

Contact Information
    Registrant Contact
    Name: David Tognetti
    Organization: The Helmet Source, Inc.
    Mailing Address: 2264 Sierra Meadows Drive Ste B, Rocklin California 95677 US
    Phone: (916) 624-3108
    Ext:
    Fax:
    Fax Ext:
    Email: dtcycles@sbcglobal.net

Admin Contact
    Ext:
    Fax:
    Fax Ext:

Tech Contact
    Ext:
    Fax:
    Fax Ext:
    Last edited by Gripsafety; January 9th, 2016 at 08:38 AM.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    If you do a little online looking, you will find testimonials to what a great guy "Dave" is.

There are some leads to follow. Take a look at The Helmet Source.

From ICANN:

Contact Information
    Registrant Contact
    Ext:
    Fax:
    Fax Ext:

Admin Contact
    Ext:
    Fax:
    Fax Ext:

Tech Contact
    Ext:
    Fax:
    Fax Ext:
    Wow. It seems like I am one of the fortunate ones, but I won't get fooled again. I still want people to know about avoiding that business.

Thanks for the information.

I ALWAYS use credit card. Credit card issuers will almost always side with the consumer and against the merchant. I have some experience in this area, representing the merchants, and can tell you the merchant almost always loses. Issuers will want to keep the consumer happy and rule against a merchant. With debit, it's more difficult because no one really benefits from helping you (the consumer).
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Allegheny County)

What did I miss up above?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    What did I miss up above?
    The guy had a similar business for motorcycle accessories and screwed his customers. There are many complaints about the guy and his businesses on the interweb.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

Sorry to hear about what your probably out of! I recommend to never ever use a Debit Card online. Yes its used like credit but if it is appropriated by the rather dubious people that prey on online consumers, its your bank account that bleeds money. Not a creditor like Visa, Amex or Mastercharge. Cancel your card and ask for a new account number card for your account and use only a credit card online. It's just safer.

This is why only buy on established sites (gunbroker for example) with sellers with outstanding feedback, and pay only with cc, postal money order,
    and sometimes business checks(small transactions).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast