Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Juniata County)

Default PA's Kahr Firearms Intros New BATFE Approved Barrel on Thompson Semi-Auto Carbine

Greeley, PA – -(Ammoland.com)- For more than 100 years, the “Chicago Typewriter”, the time-honored submachine gun, has been a favorite among collectors and shooting enthusiasts.

Now, Kahr Firearms Group has given the semi-auto version a more authentic look with the introduction of their new barrel design on the Thompson T1-14 carbine.

With a barrel length of just 16.5”, it is 1.5” shorter than the existing T1 models with the 18” barrels.

The .45 ACP caliber T1-14 has a permanently affixed Cutts compensator which lengthens the finned barrel length to 16.5”, and puts the overall length for the carbine at 39”from buttstock to muzzle.

The BATFE recently approved the permanently affixed Cutts compensator as a part of the barrel.

The pinned Cutts compensator offered on the 18” barrel models are not considered part of the barrel. This model also features a blade front and open rear adjustable sight and weighs 12.5 lbs. The fixed stock is crafted in luxurious polished American Walnut and has a vertical foregrip. MSRP is $1,461.

Another addition to the shorter barrel 1927A-1 collection is the T1B-14, which specs the same as the T1-14, but instead of a walnut fixed stock, it comes with a detachable buttstock with vertical foregrip. Both models are available in .45 ACP and ship with one 20-round stick magazine. The MSRP on the T1B-14 is $1,910.

For more information, visit www.auto-ordnance.com
    http://www.ammoland.com/2016/01/thom...#ixzz3wP1p8e3H
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Wayne County)

Default Re: PA's Kahr Firearms Intros New BATFE Approved Barrel on Thompson Semi-Auto Carbine

Hey Pamedic, ya got 1200 I can borrow? Friend had an early version, front site use to fall off. They do look sweet.

Default Re: PA's Kahr Firearms Intros New BATFE Approved Barrel on Thompson Semi-Auto Carbine

first... sweet

second.... I don't understand how a compensator on this had to be reviewed on whether or not it is part of the barrel, but at the same time anyone and their mother can make a compensator or flash hider for lets say an AR which would make a 14.5" legal (as long as it is 1.5")

if someone or OP could clarify what the difference in thinking is id like to hear it, granted ill just chalk this up to normal ATF bull ie a glock is a pistol, but a glock with an aftermarket attached stock or even a stick glued to the grip is now a rifle

(Fayette County)

I've shot the real deal full auto versions a few times and they are super heavy.
    Unless you're a Thomson fanatic, I can think of a lot nicer things to spend $2,000 on

(Chester County)

I've shot two different versions of the full auto. A friend of mine owns three versions, 1921, 1928, and M1. I shot the '28 and M1. The '28 version was the nicest. The M1 version is what you see carried in WWII with stamped rear sights, horizontal fore stock and a lot less fancy doo daddery than the '28 or '21. Truly an amazing gun to fire but a heck of a lot of fun.

I don't know why Kahr's Auto Ordnance has so much trouble with quality control. They came out with a M1 Carbine a few years back and I've read nothing good about them so I held off buying one. I had a Inland Steel Korean re-import M1 Carbine from the 80's and I'm still kicking myself for selling the damn thing. I still have all the reloading dies and all the tools for taking the bolt and gas block apart. Maybe Kahr will make Carbines and Thompson's in this new PA factory and get some quality control going.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I've shot two different versions of the full auto. A friend of mine owns three versions, 1921, 1928, and M1. I shot the '28 and M1. The '28 version was the nicest. The M1 version is what you see carried in WWII with stamped rear sights, horizontal fore stock and a lot less fancy doo daddery than the '28 or '21. Truly an amazing gun to fire but a heck of a lot of fun.

I don't know why Kahr's Auto Ordnance has so much trouble with quality control. They came out with a M1 Carbine a few years back and I've read nothing good about them so I held off buying one. I had a Inland Steel Korean re-import M1 Carbine from the 80's and I'm still kicking myself for selling the damn thing. I still have all the reloading dies and all the tools for taking the bolt and gas block apart. Maybe Kahr will make Carbines and Thompson's in this new PA factory and get some quality control going.

Why not make something different and nicer?
    How about making some Galil or maybe even a copy if the British L85/SA80 bull pup.
    I'm sick of the same old shit.
    The only cool rifles to come on the market are the Sig-556 rifles and the Tavor.