Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: LTCF woes

(Monroe County)

Default Re: LTCF woes

Where in NJ? Where's your new home range?

Welcome and good luck.

forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=307313&p=3367673

martin has been discussed pretty heavily in a variety of topics.
    if you have nothing to hide, like priors, it should just be an inconvenience to be delayed or have them "lose" reference cards. or have to print out pa code to get them to accept the application or etc.

the berkheimer thing is just something they decided to add, berkheimer is a local company charged with collecting taxes on behalf of the municipality or something.
    not every county has it, it isn't a legal requirement for an LTCF. it's supposedly used to verify address, like a drivers license wouldn't work or a property record search or etc.

the game is, if they can refuse to accept the application, they don't have to process it.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    Let's back up. How is it that you don't have TWO sane adults that will give a simple reference? That in itself is a huge red flag. You either have a really messed up existence with a bad crowd of tardiots around you, or you have some issues you aren't sharing. People-wise. Protip: don't hang out with people who are idiots. It desensitizes you.

Anyway, now that the fun judge-y stuff is out of the way, whatever those other guys said.
    I work three counties away from home county. Refrences are to be non family members. This can be an easy problem to have. Berks last sheriff had that requirement, illegal as it may be. The current sheriff dropped the in county part. What about when you are old enough that all your friends are dead? You should feel blessed that you have so many people in your life that close and that also wouldn't mind being references for a LTCF with how the media paints us.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Rats I thought there was a chance to finally challenge Martian but glad it worked out.

So don't be a stranger.
    Upsidedown world when you hope for standing. Things like this shouldn't require standing or the standing should be the uniform firearm law is being broken. The Pa attorney general should be the one taking this stuff to court.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=307313&p=3367673

the berkheimer thing is just something they decided to add, berkheimer is a local company charged with collecting taxes on behalf of the municipality or something.
    not every county has it, it isn't a legal requirement for an LTCF. it's supposedly used to verify address, like a drivers license wouldn't work or a property record search or etc.
    The Berkheimer requirement is not being used to verify an address. It is being used as proof that you are an actual tax paying resident of Monroe County, not just a property owner that might be living in another state.

Yes, it is not a legal requirement, but he has been requiring it since he has been in office. I don't know if the previous Sheriff Sebring had the same requirement.

(Monroe County)

Sheriff Sebring had a retired trooper in charge of applications who was from the large and in charge school and for all intents and purposes tried to intimidate and antagonize applicants. I don't know how many people it worked on but today's special snowflakes would probably poop their panties. IIRC you also had to get photos done at Stroudsburg Photo so they were the correct size and it helped to have the right names on your references.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Sheriff Sebring had a retired trooper in charge of applications who was from the large and in charge school and for all intents and purposes tried to intimidate and antagonize applicants. I don't know how many people it worked on but today's special snowflakes would probably poop their panties. IIRC you also had to get photos done at Stroudsburg Photo so they were the correct size and it helped to have the right names on your references.
    Yeah, I remembered back in the 1990s when you had to bring in your own passport type photos. They would stick them on the license and through the laminator.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    The Berkheimer requirement is not being used to verify an address. It is being used as proof that you are an actual tax paying resident of Monroe County, not just a property owner that might be living in another state.

Yes, it is not a legal requirement, but he has been requiring it since he has been in office. I don't know if the previous Sheriff Sebring had the same requirement.
    thank you. doesn't make it right though.
    from the following posts it looks like it has gotten a lot better, sounds like it used to be as bad as a NJ purchase permit. but at least they did all the work in-station for me back then.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    thank you. doesn't make it right though.
    from the following posts it looks like it has gotten a lot better, sounds like it used to be as bad as a NJ purchase permit. but at least they did all the work in-station for me back then.
    I know that it's not right, but he continues to require it. Years back he used to charge more than he was supposed to, but he got a smack down on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    I know that it's not right, but he continues to require it. Years back he used to charge more than he was supposed to, but he got a smack down on that.
    well hopefully we've provided the newb with enough information to get his permit.
    and keep your fingers crossed that this lawsuit ends in our favor!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast