Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Doctors can report some mentally ill patients to FBI under new gun control rule

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    Where is the due process that is supposed to be involved?
    Due process comes after your weapons are seized upon the words of a doctor. Then you'll get to spend $1000's to try to get them back all the time while being labeled as a nut for wanting to own guns. See, it all works out.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Default Re: Doctors can report some mentally ill patients to FBI under new gun control rule

Quote Originally Posted by Berks_Iraq_Vet View Post
    So..anyone thinking of getting "help" if needed no longer does for fear of being reported. Bravo. Well done.
    Bingo. This is exactly what happens with aviation medicals. Pilots do not seek medical attention for health issues out of fear of losing their medical certification.

(Northampton County)

Welcome back, ehidle!

Technical discussions have been rather boring since you left!
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Fayette County)

Not only that, but perhaps a law abiding citizen wanted to get help to stop drinking, or maybe a past doctor pumped a person full of pain meds and that patient wants to better themselves by getting off of pain medication.
    On the Form 4474 it asks if you have a drinking problem or is a habitual user of controlled substance.
    And of answered "yes" , you will be denied the gun purchase.

There are A LOT of vets right now in treatment and getting help for substance abuse.

Is an addiction doctor/therapist going to add their name to this prohibited person list?
    I think so!

(Cumberland County)

If I read correctly too, if "anyone" in the house has seeked mental health assistance, i.e. Your child is struggling and you send him/her to a psychiatrist, then no-one in the house can have firearms? So child sees a shrink so Dad has to get all guns out of the house? Gun lawyer - did I read that wrong?

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    If I read correctly too, if "anyone" in the house has seeked mental health assistance, i.e. Your child is struggling and you send him/her to a psychiatrist, then no-one in the house can have firearms? So child sees a shrink so Dad has to get all guns out of the house? Gun lawyer - did I read that wrong?
    That's how I read it as well. Interests me because I have some shooting friends with kids diagnosed (for several years now and on meds for) with ADD, ADHD etc.Some of these guys are big collectors. This is not going over well...not just with them, but society in general.

Matt

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
    That's how I read it as well. Interests me because I have some shooting friends with kids diagnosed (for several years now and on meds for) with ADD, ADHD etc.Some of these guys are big collectors. This is not going over well...not just with them, but society in general.

Matt

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anything that mentioned living with someone who was "reported by a doctor for poor mental health" would prohibit the "healthy" person from buying a firearm.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Roadking View Post

Matt
    I was taking Diazapan a few years ago for muscle relaxants for dystonia---that would be flagged as well because it's used for anxiety and depression. This scares me more than anything. Anyone could be flagged for any reason. Guilty until proven innocent.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Welcome back, ehidle!

Technical discussions have been rather boring since you left!
    Yeah it has been a while hasn't it? I don't have nearly the slack time that I had at my old job, but things are kinda slow this time of year...

(Carbon County)

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast