Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Default Re: Obama to announce expanded background checks as he aims to limit gun deaths

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Here's something that I haven't seen addressed,

This BS just says if you're deemed a dealer you need an ffl. It doesn't say that if you transfer guns at an ffl you won't be called a dealer, nor does it say if you sell guns to an ffl you won't be called a dealer. You just have to meet some non-existent, case by case, criteria to be considered criminal.
    This is true, but it's been true for a long time, and I don't recall hearing of any actual prosecutions of anyone who repeatedly bought and sold guns for a profit, but always did the transfers at an FFL and ran it through the FFL's books. What they want is control of the firearms trade, and they want the records of the transfers, so in practice, I wouldn't expect to see "dealers" prosecuted if they go through FFL's for every trade.

But they could.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Default Re: Obama to announce expanded background checks as he aims to limit gun deaths

I don't understand why everyone is so against the feds doing background checks on gun purchases. They're doing an excellent job with background checks on immigrants coming from the Middle East.

We really need a sarcasm FONT.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by IronButt View Post
    I don't understand why everyone is so against the feds doing background checks on gun purchases. They're doing an excellent job with background checks on immigrants coming from the Middle East.

We really need a sarcasm FONT.
    We need to do the same level of background check on gun owners that was done on Obama before he became president.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516