Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Looking for some members near Prospect Park/Delaware county

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Very good point, Bill

However, in most of these endeavors, we do need folks to step up and take the podium. I know they are out there.... I just don't know what it's going to take to get them to get their feet wet.
    Your rant worked pretty well. On me at least. I will be attending the workshop and If need be I can speak at the podium if allowed. I personally think that someone from the area would be better recieved than someone outside the area but if were stuck I can do it.

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobbySomers View Post
    Your rant worked pretty well. On me at least. I will be attending the workshop and If need be I can speak at the podium if allowed. I personally think that someone from the area would be better recieved than someone outside the area but if were stuck I can do it.
    We'd love for you to speak. As Rich stated, we have a prepared document that is ready to be read out to the public, we just need someone who is comfortable with reading in front of a crowd, which I definitely am not. And as far as getting someone to speak from Prospect Park-I don't know anyone on these boards who is actually from the town, but they ALL know my family well. Hell, the chief of police was the DJ at my Mom's wedding reception and my Grandpop was the citizen of the year last year, so yeah..they know my family well, I'm just not comfortable speaking publicly...not right now, anyhow.

We're shooting to make the September 3rd meeting so we have a week jump on hopefully getting things settled quicker. Probably a good thing to do would be to meet up like an hour or so before the actual meeting so we can talk things over and make sure it goes smoothly!

Rich-you and Greg do enough, it's time that others step up to the plate to fight for our 2A rights...you guys just stay home, we'll keep you posted with the details and I'll be recording it with my Mom's voice recorder. On a side note, if I can't get hers working (I gotta check to make sure it still works, she hasn't used it in years) can we call the VM number you set up and just throw my phone on speaker phone while we speak?!?!?!

Bill-I didn't mean to offend anyone, but if we don't stop people from bashing on our 2A rights, then who will? Rich & Greg can't do all the work, we all have to step up our game and show our appreciation to 1 another.

Anyhow, if anyone else plans to go either call me @
    610-809-2316
    or
    PM me your name and number and I'll contact you!!!!

Thanks everyone who is stepping up, we sure need it!
    Last edited by andrewjs18; August 24th, 2008 at 07:48 PM.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

We are sure that someone that is not from the town can take the podium, Right?
    I have no idea how these meetings are run.

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

(Delaware County)

We are sure that someone that is not from the town can take the podium, Right?
    I have no idea how these meetings are run.
    Bobby, to my knowledge, there isn't anyone on these forums from Prospect Park. I'm in Secane, which is a real close to Prospect Park and I know Ady is in Ridley which is next to Prospect Park.

My entire family grew up in Prospect Park, for the most part, but they ain't going to speak for us..most of them aren't into guns, but they don't nag on me for supporting my rights.

I have no problem doing it.I've spoken in front of two hundred people once and many times in front of fourty or fifty without the aid of a "cheat sheet" so that is not a problem.
    I just was'nt sure if outsiders were allowed to take the podium.

Pennywise The Clown

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Preemption violation: Looking for members near Prospect Park/Delaware county

Roll Call for the upcoming borough workshop as of right now:
    Andrewjs18
    Adymond
    FNG19
    BobySomers (speaking)
    Caa2003 (possible)
    Delco Sig (possible)

Default Re: Preemption violation: Looking for members near Prospect Park/Delaware county

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    Roll Call for the upcoming borough workshop as of right now:
    Andrewjs18
    Adymond
    FNG19
    BobySomers (speaking)
    Caa2003 (possible)
    Delco Sig (possible)
    The more support we have there the better. It's only a couple hours of our time and a great way to help protect our rights.

Lets see some more names.

Pennywise The Clown

(Delaware County)

The more support we have there the better. It's only a couple hours of our time and a great way to help protect our rights.

Lets see some more names.
    it would be nice, but if this is all we get, it's sure better than just me and Adymond like we had for almost a month....

(Delaware County)

Ok, so we have more members coming now, now we have to figure out where we're going to eat before the council workshop...there is a small diner about 2-3 miles from the borough hall or a Old Country Buffet about 3-4 miles from the borough hall....

Me, personally, I'd prefer to eat at the OCB because we really can get what we pay for, but I'm willing to go with what the majority wants..once we figure out which 1 we'd prefer to eat at, I'll provide an address.

So,
    Andrewjs18- OCB
    Caa2003- OCB
    Last edited by andrewjs18; August 27th, 2008 at 11:35 AM.

Either one is fine with me.

BTW> could someone please print out a copy of the Prospect Park statement and bring it with them?
    My printer is broken.

Pennywise The Clown

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast