Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Looking for some members near Prospect Park/Delaware county

Now that I have my LTCF I can probably attend... Let me know details.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    ...The council meeting is inside the borough hall, which is next to the Prospect Park police station and I'm not sure of their gun policies inside the building....
    As Greg mentioned, if it is borough property an does not contain a school, day-care, or court facility (per the definition of each applicable statute) then any "policy" regarding firearms is null and void (preempted by 18PACS6120)

Did anyone attend the meeting on the 12th???

Anyone? Bueller?

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    As Greg mentioned, if it is borough property an does not contain a school, day-care, or court facility (per the definition of each applicable statute) then any "policy" regarding firearms is null and void (preempted by 18PACS6120)

Did anyone attend the meeting on the 12th???

Anyone? Bueller?
    nope, we're shooting for the meeting in September....
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delco Sig View Post
    Now that I have my LTCF I can probably attend... Let me know details.
    Just to point out to others, carry (OC/CC) is not a requirement to address these issues...

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Just to point out to others, carry (OC/CC) is not a requirement to address these issues...
    and it's not in Philly, so you didn't need your LTCF anyhow....

Rich is right though, regardless if you wanna CC/OC, this issue doesn't require either..just our presence alone would be good!

(Delaware County)

Ok, for an update:

The next Borough workshop, which we can attend, is scheduled for September 3rd @ 7:30pm. Here, we can bring up our issues which will give them a week to review it before it's presented at the Council Meeting the following week.

If we can make the workshop on the 3rd, it will give them a week to hopefully read into this issue and maybe give us some details at the meeting the following week.

The actual Council Meeting is set for:
    September 9th @ 7:30 PM.

Someone asked about carrying into the meeting. The building isn't near any schools, day-cares or court facilities... It's just attached to a police station and public library.

Regarding people attending, there still only seems to be 2 of us..what's up with the Delaware County people? Not wanting to support the 2A or what!??!

PS-I know we're going to catch flak from both the borough committee and the citizens attending, I can almost guarantee that, but as Greg has stated; a law is a law, whether they like it or not, they need to be in compliance 100%!!!!
    Last edited by andrewjs18; August 24th, 2008 at 01:25 PM.

(Luzerne County)

Listen up folks. Everyone bitches about Twps,Sheriffs, cities, LE, etc breaking the law in regards to firearms and generally treating gun owners (especially gun carriers) unfairly.

Here is your opportunity to do something about it!

We have a written presentation to address council, we simply need ONE person to speak, and preferably MANY people to come show support.

Is that too much to ask?

One person who can read a piece of paper?
    People to simply show up and be present?

I thought everyone was sick and tired of our rights being stomped on... Well? How about donating one or two hours of your time to participate.

I'd GLADLY drive down myself but I gotta tell ya folks. I would yet again have to cancel other plans, yet again take vacation time from work, and yet again blow the gasoline budget. Greg and I simply can not be everywhere these issues need addressed. I would do this full time if I could. Fact of the matter is I simply can not afford to it as much as I do now. We do not have the time or resources.

I really hate to sound so damn preachy and pissy, but damn people. I am pissy about it. I'm getting tired of hearing the bitching about some places like DelCo when no one is willing to make the small sacrifices to fix the freakin problems.

/rant

To clarify, I have NO issue with people not being able to go, for a variety of reasons. But there are lots and lots of people that CAN go. Where are they?
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; August 24th, 2008 at 01:58 PM.

Remember Meleanie

(Delaware County)

Ok, for an update:

The next Borough workshop, which we can attend, is scheduled for September 3rd @ 7:30pm. Here, we can bring up our issues which will give them a week to review it before it's presented at the Council Meeting the following week.

If we can make the workshop on the 3rd, it will give them a week to hopefully read into this issue and maybe give us some details at the meeting the following week.

Someone asked about carrying into the meeting. The building isn't near any schools, day-cares or court facilities... It's just attached to a police station and public library.

Regarding people attending, there still only seems to be 2 of us..what's up with the Delaware County people? Not wanting to support the 2A or what!??!

PS-I know we're going to catch flak from both the borough committee and the citizens attending, I can almost guarantee that, but as Greg has stated; a law is a law, whether they like it or not, they need to be in compliance 100%!!!!
    andrewjs18, thanks for your service. We need guys/gals like you, Greg, Rich that have the time and are willing to go the extra mile.

I'd like to point out something regarding the part I highlighted. Not everyone is cut out to be an activist. As Greg will also tell you, sometimes it takes a lot of time and money to right a wrong. I'll go a bit farther and say some folks just want to live their life in peace and quiet and or have jobs that being openly associated with guns, no matter how legal, would conversely affect.

So just because volunteers don't jump out of the woodwork it doesn't mean there is no support for the cause. There are a lot of ways to help that don't involve public notice.

I do appreciate your enthusiasm but please don't go around shaking the finger of self righteousness.

Bill

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post

So just because volunteers don't jump out of the woodwork it doesn't mean there is no support for the cause. There are a lot of ways to help that don't involve public notice.

Very good point, Bill

However, in most of these endeavors, we do need folks to step up and take the podium. I know they are out there.... I just don't know what it's going to take to get them to get their feet wet.

Remember Meleanie

Ok, for an update:

The next Borough workshop, which we can attend, is scheduled for September 3rd @ 7:30pm.

(....)

Someone asked about carrying into the meeting.

(...)
    Have we decided which one of these we want to attend, or if we're attending both? It's quite likely I can make either of them, and I don't mind doing so.

Please let me know.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast