Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default New to Carry /New to Firearms

Hello

I was raised in Long Island, NY but I now live in Lancaster, PA. I'm new to firearms in general. I bought a Mossberg 12g combo last year and I've put several hundred rounds through it shooting at skeet and targets. I've also read up on concealed carry and recently obtained my permit and my first pistol. I've spent the last year lurking on these and other forums, talking with several friends who carry and familiarizing myself with firearms. I found a great deal on a Tauris PT 111 G2 and just picked it up today. I've got two friends who have spent decades around firearms dedicating time to training me up in safety, technique, storage, carry, stripping and cleaning etc. over the next few weeks. One of these guys teaches classes regularly and the other owns three of this model himself. Within the next few weeks, I'll begin to carry. For now, I'm becoming comfortable with the firearm and taking it to the range.

I assume that I'll be posting here some, so I wanted to establish some presence. Thanks for protecting yours and mine. I'm looking forward to doing the same.

Lunimus

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: New to Carry /New to Firearms

Quote Originally Posted by lunimus View Post
    Hello

I was raised in Long Island, NY but I now live in Lancaster, PA. I'm new to firearms in general. I bought a Mossberg 12g combo last year and I've put several hundred rounds through it shooting at skeet and targets. I've also read up on concealed carry and recently obtained my permit and my first pistol. I've spent the last year lurking on these and other forums, talking with several friends who carry and familiarizing myself with firearms. I found a great deal on a Tauris PT 111 G2 and just picked it up today. I've got two friends who have spent decades around firearms dedicating time to training me up in safety, technique, storage, carry, stripping and cleaning etc. over the next few weeks. One of these guys teaches classes regularly and the other owns three of this model himself. Within the next few weeks, I'll begin to carry. For now, I'm becoming comfortable with the firearm and taking it to the range.

I assume that I'll be posting here some, so I wanted to establish some presence. Thanks for protecting yours and mine. I'm looking forward to doing the same.

Lunimus
    Welcome!

Congrats on your new found freedom (escape from PRNY) and decision to take your personal security seriously. Now go shoot that thing to the point where you can trust it, not just because it's all you have. Make sure it feeds your chosen carry ammo as well as it does FMJs, and do not skimp out on your holster.

(Lackawanna County)

Welcome to America! I'm a 18- year refugee from NYC myself. Went from never even thinking about owning a firearm to needing a safe in that time

pa-sign.jpg

That sign ain't bullshit
    I'm faster than Doc Holliday (with Novocaine of course)

(Delaware County)

Welcome. Learn as much as you can. Lots of information here. Be safe.

(York County)

Welcome into the light of liberty! Sounds like you're going about this in a responsible, thoughtful way. Kudos to you for that, because many newbies don't, and that scares the shit out of me. I can cite examples, but I digress...

Just remember: it's a long, never-ending path of enlightenment. You're always learning your way to the next level. Never stop. Complacency is the enemy, not just to you, but those around you and society in general. This is a great board to keep your head in the game on a daily basis. Stupidity is allowed, as long as it's tempered with humility and accompanied by contrition. Ask me how I know. Good bunch of people here. Join the fun, and stay safe.

(Delaware County)

Welcome, to the forum. Welcome to Pennsylvania.

Quote Originally Posted by lunimus View Post
    Hello

Lunimus
    You gun nuts disgust me!
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Wayne County)

Welcome to Free America from another NYC refugee. I've called PA my home for a little over a year.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    You gun nuts disgust me!
    Your gun nuts disgust me (Spell check police in action )
    Last edited by EvilTwin; January 10th, 2016 at 09:27 PM.

(Berks County)

I like beer nuts better.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast