Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Target World in Chalfont

They just did a complete remodel of the range. It opens to the public on Tuesday (they are letting existing members shoot now.) I got a tour of the place. It looks great. Everything is new including heat and A/C. The lighting is great and the booths give you plenty of room to shoot without feeling crowded. The ugly wire target carriers are gone also. They now run on a track and you use a touch pad to send the target to whatever distance you want to shoot at. Can't wait to test it out.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Target World in Chalfont

Bout damn time. range was always too hot or too cold and too dark.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Montgomery County)

I went to the new updated range yesterday. It's everything as described above. It's really nice now and I really enjoyed the new computer target carrier system. It really helps with getting comfortable at putting the target out at a further distance instead of shooting at 7 yards all the time. I just went in increments of 1 yard until eventually I set the target out to 20 yards by the end. It REALLY helped with my shooting that day.

The temperature was finally at a normal operating temperature. I actually took my coat off because I was hot, unheard of for the month of January in there before.

Also I didn't recognize anyone behind the counter, seemed like all new people. They all seemed friendly and very helpful, I know more then a few of us got bad vibes from the help behind the counter before . I personally haven't but I could see how asking a war veteran to draw a gun sight picture would piss them off.

As expected all of these new additions and updates come at a cost. Which really didn't surprise me but it still made me think about driving the extra 15 minutes to the other indoor range.
    From my understanding it's $20 an hour and $14 for half an hour now.

Soon as Spring rolls around I'll drive the extra 20mins to Wicens to shoot all day outside for $20.

(Bucks County)

Good info. Haven't been there yet (and I live within walking distance). I usually just wait until a decent day and head to the club. Indoor is nice on really cold/hot days. Unfortunately I need to chrono some rounds and don't have an indoor kit or know of an indoor range that will let me downrange to set up the chronograph.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Bucks County)

The range rates as quoted to me last week were for a family package, (me, wife and kids under 20) 299.00/yr pistol and 349.00/yr rifle and pistol
    Hello Bill,
    Our memberships are as follows
    1 year family pistol: $299
    1year family rifle and pistol: $349
    (This includes you, a spouse and any children from ages 12-20)
    The memberships gives you free range time, priority to use the range over non members when we are busy, 5% off on safes, new guns and optics, 10% off on all accessories throughout the store. You also have discounts on gun processes and other discounts that only target world members can take advantage of!
    Last edited by Bill67; January 8th, 2016 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Wrong figures

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    Bout damn time. range was always too hot or too cold and too dark.
    Wimp. Now you'll complain they don't serve finger sandwiches and tea.

My wife and I went last weekend. It is a huge improvement.

They also now allow you to shoot ARs, AKs and 308 which they used to prohibit.

met my friend some friends of his at TargetWorld over the weekend. I never shot there prior to remodeling but I would say it is probably the nicest range I have ever been to. It is also convenient that there is a gunsmith in the parking lot. They were able to clear a stuck case from my AR that the range attendant was having difficulty with.

(Bucks County)

Great new range! Lot's of stuff in the store! Family operated business for over 30 years! They are SAFETY FIRST which protects you and me.
    NRA Life member, VVA Life Member, DAV Life Member

I had a membership there when they first opened. Yeah , it didn't really improve much over the years.

But I've seen way too much dangerous gun handling and too many groups of buddies that were not focused on safety.

As far as target holders on tracks? How much will they cost to replace when hit? I've seen many of the old holders with bullet hits and lanes closed because of cut cables. Don't forget the holes in the overheads.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast