Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Seals drop P226 for the Glock 19

http://loadoutroom.com/17950/naval-s...-the-glock-19/

NAVAL SPECIAL WARFARE ADOPTS THE GLOCK 19
    This past week the Naval Special Warfare Command made a decision to pick up the Glock 19 as the*SEALs new sidearm. They will slowly begin to phase out the Sig P226, and replace those with the Glock 19. There is nothing wrong with the Sig P226. It has served the Teams for many years and is a proven reliable system. However, as firearms evolve the military needs to keep pace. In this case the move to the Glock 19 makes sense.

The Glock 19 has a lot to offer in a compact package, and*is by far the most popular platform Glock makes. I personally use, and carry the Glock 17 on a daily basis. While the*Glock 17*is the full size variant of the*9mm, the Glock 19 is essentially the same, just a bit smaller package. With that said I will give you my reasons for why I believe the Glock 19 will be a solid platform for both the SEALs, and*MARSOC*(who adopted the Glock 19 at the beginning of the year).

First and foremost what I have noticed with my personal Glock is the reliability. This is extremely important as you want the gun to work when you need it to. I’ve put enough rounds from various manufacturers to know it will cycle just about any ammunition. I recently went to the range and ran though*300 rounds of that dirty Wolf ammunition that is manufactured in Russia. Not once did the gun jam, malfunction, or need the bore snaked due to build-up (I attribute some of that to the*Weapon Shield oil*that I use). Reliability also comes*in the form of*maintaining your firearm. Glock makes maintenance on their handguns extremely easy whether you’re on the range, in the field, or at home. Even a detailed breakdown of the gun only requires a punch tool and can be accomplished by most people who use them. For the SEALs and MARSOC this is huge. Not only having a sidearm that is reliable, but also easy to maintain.

The second aspect I’ve noticed is the accuracy I get out of the Glock with stock parts. I’ve only upgraded two parts on my Glock: the sights, and the recoil spring. The stock sights on*a Glock are absolute crap. I run with the Ameriglo sights red fiber optic front, and all black rear. When I go to my local range I have no issues pushing my target out to 25 yards and keeping a 5″ group (regardless of ammunition used). I’m more than confident in the Glock 19 and 17 to be accurate out to 25 yards, and being able to easily suppress targets out to 50 yards. Take a look at what a veteran Navy SEAL can do with his Glock 19.

Lastly, the customizations that are able to be done with the Glock handguns make them a great option (every shooter has different preferences). The compact Glock 19 makes*an ideal concealed carry gun, but it’s large enough to push into a ‘duty’ gun role. By making some simple adjustments to the Glock 19 the shooter will have an extremely reliable and accurate platform that they can stake their life on. Again, since this article is about why the SEALs have adopted the Glock 19 platform let’s take another look at why veteran Navy SEAL Kyle Defoor chooses the Glock
    Fidelis ad Mortem

(Berks County)

Default Re: Seals drop P226 for the Glock 19

As firearms evolve. What a load. Glock hasnt changed in a discernable way yet. Boba Fett clones. We can not afford sigs thats all. The free shit army comes first
    Last edited by Gunsnwater; December 24th, 2015 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    As firearms evolve. What a load. Glock hasnt changed in a discernable way yet. Boba Fett clones. We can not afford sigs thats all. The free shit army comes first
    The NSW has their own budget completely outside of the normal military that's why they have all the good shit which now includes the G19.

This is also a duplicate thread the topic has been discussed in detail.

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=294696

(Chester County)

On every point the writer makes, if you reverse the brands he's talking about, it's the same conclusion for sig. It's about money, not the product.

The Glock and the Sig will run to about 100-150k rounds the big difference is the Glock requires way less maintenance then the sig on its way there and when a Glock frame, rail, or slide crack it keeps running the Sigs typically don't.
    Last edited by Hodgie; December 24th, 2015 at 11:16 PM.

(Allegheny County)

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    The NSW has their own budget completely outside of the normal military that's why they have all the good shit which now includes the G19.
    That's not quite how it works . . .

The Glock and the Sig will run to about 100-150k rounds the big difference is the Glock requires way less mantiance. . . .
    Is that anything like "manscaping"?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    Is that anything like "manscaping"?
    Wow I almost forgot how witty you are.

Wow I almost forgot how witty you are.
    If you had paid attention in grade school . . .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast