Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Question about Magpul Glock G19 Mag...

What makes them better then Glock OEM mags?
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Question about Magpul Glock G19 Mag...

They aren't better. Just cheaper. OEM Glock mags are metal lined and have witness holes, while the magpul mags lack those things.

(Montgomery County)

I'm sure someone out there with a full timberwolf compact "Glock" will run one just to have a "Glock" that's 100% not made by Glock.

I've got some of the Magpul 17 rounders for range use. They've been 100%, so you could carry them IMO, but the factory mags are great too so why chance it?

The one big advantage the Magpul design has is it's a crap ton easier to take the mags apart. Not that big of a deal to me but worth noting.

Personally, I'd like to see them (or Glock themselves) make an extended mag the same length as the .40 22 rounder. I run a 22 round mag (with a +1 on it) as my reload for my G22 and 27. The 33 round 9mm mags are just too long to comfortably carry, but the 23 rounder works great. Might just go over to 9mm full time if that mag gets made. Would hold about 25 ish of 9mm.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    I'm sure someone out there with a full timberwolf compact "Glock" will run one just to have a "Glock" that's 100% not made by Glock.

I've got some of the Magpul 17 rounders for range use. They've been 100%, so you could carry them IMO, but the factory mags are great too so why chance it?

The one big advantage the Magpul design has is it's a crap ton easier to take the mags apart. Not that big of a deal to me but worth noting.

Personally, I'd like to see them (or Glock themselves) make an extended mag the same length as the .40 22 rounder. I run a 22 round mag (with a +1 on it) as my reload for my G22 and 27. The 33 round 9mm mags are just too long to comfortably carry, but the 23 rounder works great. Might just go over to 9mm full time if that mag gets made. Would hold about 25 ish of 9mm.
    The gtul makes mag disassembly easy peasy.

(Fayette County)

Magpul glock mags are not better than oem glock mags.
    Hell, I don't even think that the Pmag is better than the usgi aluminum mags either.
    I have had multiple ftf in pmag. Real usgi mags never let me down.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Magpul glock mags are not better than oem glock mags.
    Hell, I don't even think that the Pmag is better than the usgi aluminum mags either.
    I have had multiple ftf in pmag. Real usgi mags never let me down.
    Now there I'll disagree. I own no AR mags that are not pmags, although I want to try some GI 20 rounders again for my .300 pistol (to aid in keeping things separate).

I've only ever had problems with the metal mags, never a pmag. Whatever you like, test it before you trust it and you're GTG.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    Now there I'll disagree. I own no AR mags that are not pmags, although I want to try some GI 20 rounders again for my .300 pistol (to aid in keeping things separate).

I've only ever had problems with the metal mags, never a pmag. Whatever you like, test it before you trust it and you're GTG.
    Were your"metal mags" actually from government contract usgi magazine makers, or just aluminum mags that were advertised as "usgi" mags?
    Because there is a huge difference.
    All of my real usgi mags are from military contract makers with current US DOD active cage numbers and date of manufacturing on them.
    For the last ten years or so, there's only been a handful of real usgi Mag makers.
    I can list the companies that makes the real usgi mags if anyone is interested.

(Lehigh County)

There are pro and cons for both MagPul and Glock mags. MagPul ones are great for disassembly and the orange follower is a nice touch. However, the MagPul ones do not show every round (if you must know it) and are not metal lined. I noticed that they are also harder to load. The rounds do not go in as easily as the metal lined OEM ones do.

I have shot about 750-1000 rounds through a MagPul one with NO failure. However I doubt they will last as long as the Glock OEM, hell even the KCI Korean made ones.

Still good to have them.
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
    -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    PAFOA Feedback

(Montgomery County)

Magpul a bit lighter weight as well.

Full review here:

(Lancaster County)

I have a bunch for my 17L and my 23/19 Convertion. Love them only with they had more witness holes and they would be perfect

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast