Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default A good brother and firearms story

I've been planning on posting this but it's been tough finding the time. I saw Soberbyker posted a good brother story and figured I would share mine.

My brother is 12 years older than me, years have gone by where we do not see each other, not because we don't get along, but we both have our lives and families and are always doing different things. I don't think it would be a stretch to say I've seen him maybe 30 times in the last 20 years. Ive known he was a supporter of the 2nd but did not know to what extent. We've talked about going shooting together a few times over the last 5 years but it never worked out.

We finally got together last Sunday and went out to the Southern Chester County Farmers and Sportsman association. We met up at my house and switched his guns to my Jeep. First surprise was him bringing as many firearms to the range as I was. We got to the range which was not crowded at all for such a beautiful day. We started at the 50 yard range with rifles. I had brought my new Ruger ar, Vepr 7.62x54r, and smith and wesson 15-22 along with a couple of others that I did not get to bring out. He brought out his own rifles including a Spingfield from WWII. We spent a couple of hours shooting rifles and bsing. It was exactly like what I would imagine a conversation with a lot of people here would be like. He knows his laws and politics and not the I think this or that....... but the correct laws etc.....

After a bit we headed to the 15 yard range for some fun with handguns. We spent time shooting each others guns and I shot his .44 Magnum. First time I ever shot one and man....what a kick. That took us right up to closing. We had so much fun we did not even have time to make it to the trap range. He had not been shooting in a while and loved the club to the point he wants to join. (Enrollment is currently closed though) We're planning on heading out more now that we know how much we have in common and he hopes to bring out his kids including one son who is in the Marines and one who has never shot a gun before, but has his carry licence.

Topped off with some excellent Mexican food it was a great day with a brother I have not spent much time with over the years. It was great to find out he's as big of a supporter of the 2nd as I am.

Figured it was good story to share on a firearms forum.
    Last edited by internet troll; December 20th, 2015 at 04:17 PM.

(Berks County)

Default Re: A good brother and firearms story

Yes it was a good story to read. Made me think of my own brother. He was a gun guy, but the motorcycle was his passion. I lost him in 2000. Make the time.

(Dauphin County)

Very good story. Thanks. I tried to rep you, but it won't let me.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Bucks County)

I've got a little brother in California that won' speak to me. He married a girl of Mexican descent ( Born American citizen). He disowned me because I am vocal about illegal immigration and other things that they don't agree with in Commiefornia. Then his daughter started dating a muslim with questionable background.

I love him, he's my brother, but he won't even answer my call on Christmas Day. I'll still call and leave a message and tell him I love him. He's my brother!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    I've got a little brother in California that won' speak to me. He married a girl of Mexican descent ( Born American citizen). He disowned me because I am vocal about illegal immigration and other things that they don't agree with in Commiefornia. Then his daughter started dating a muslim with questionable background.

I love him, he's my brother, but he won't even answer my call on Christmas Day. I'll still call and leave a message and tell him I love him. He's my brother!
    When I was young I wondered how things like this happened. Now I'm old and I know. Being young was nice. Merry Christmas Manx.

(Chester County)

Great story. Sounds like a really fun day. I used to go out to the range with my Brother and we'd shoot different stuff but it always got competitive when the .22's came out of the cases, it made us both better shooters just like when we were kids.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(York County)

Spend time with your siblings while you can! Twenty years ago my brother was less than 90 minutes away (at one point a 30 minute drive). We did a lot together, mountain biking, hiking the AT. He moved to NC, and it was a bit of a haul, but we both made the effort. Then he went to northern AZ, and now MN: you can't even get their 'just for the weekend'. We both have families, and I'm tied to a farm... Boy I miss spending time with him!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Thanks for the deep thoughts everyone. Definitely need to appreciate those in our lives while we can. This story actually led to another good experience Saturday night. Me and one of my shooting buddies took our wives to Longwood Gardens for the Christmas display. We were waiting for his wife outside a restroom and I told him the story. Another man standing next to us overheard the topic of our discussion and cut in with "My wife cried when I told her how many guns I had......... 52" that led to a nice 5-10 minute discussion about guns with a stranger. Always a good topic of conversation. I was wondering if that guy was a visitor to PAFOA.