Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default NRA bait and switch

I renew my mebership with the NRA on an annual basis. To those that are lifetime members, that's great, but I can't afford

that. I usually give the little renewal China made trinkets to friends hopeing that they become members. This year the

renewal came and the trinket was a "NRA .50 caliber bottle opener". I thought that looked like a fun item and renewed on

the phone the day I received the solicitation and the representive asked if I would like the "gift" sent to me, I said

yes. About a month + later I received a small Chine made knife that looks like you could get ten of them in a pack at a

dollar store. I called today and was told that the supply of bottle openers were gone and that the administration

department did not work on Saturday. I mentioned that the NRA store had them in supply for sale but the representive said

she could not help me and that their computer system was old and that they did not have the ability to e-mail the admin.

dept. to contact me.

I understand why Wayne is never promoted to President as they have limited terms and he likes his compensation.

Do any other members suggest other organisations that support our 2nd admendment rights that don't bait and switch?

(Chester County)

Default Re: NRA bait and switch

I renewed a month ago and got an email confirmation that said my bottle opener was on back order and would be sent once they were resupplied. Sounds like Wayne hoodwinked you.

Me and how many others?

Sorry but we don't support the NRA for trinkets yes you should get what they promise you but on the other hands crap does run out of stock.

There isn't one other 2A org that comes anywhere close to the size of the NRA or has the man power or experience of the NRA-ILA so I guess you have to ask yourself if that $1.50 bottle opener is worth your 2A rights especially with what we know is coming for us in the next week or so.
    Last edited by Hodgie; December 19th, 2015 at 07:44 PM.

(York County)

I paid off my life membership $25 every 3 months. The duffel I got from them is the nicest bag I've ever had.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Sorry but we don't support the NRA for trinkets yes you should get what they promise you but on the other hands crap does run out of stock.

There isn't one other 2A org that comes anywhere close to the size of the NRA or has the man power of the NRA-ILA so I guess you have to ask yourself if that $1.50 bottle opener is worth your 2A rights especially with what we know is coming for us in the next week or so.
    i agree 1000%

pretty childish stuff
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Westmoreland County)

There isn't one other 2A org that comes anywhere close to the size of the NRA or has the man power of the NRA-ILA so I guess you have to ask yourself if that $1.50 bottle opener is worth your 2A rights especially with what we know is coming for us in the next week or so.
    This! I'd rather they keep the pogey bait and put the money saved towards the fight.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by pennlineman View Post
    This! I'd rather they keep the pogey bait and put the money saved towards the fight.
    uuh... no one gives a shit about a 7.62 bottle opener made in China and most certainly isn't lured to join/renew because of it. The trinkets cost them nothing.

(Juniata County)

There isn't one other 2A org that comes anywhere close to the size of the NRA or has the man power or experience of the NRA-ILA so I guess you have to ask yourself if that $1.50 bottle opener is worth your 2A rights especially with what we know is coming for us in the next week or so.
    This, exactly. They are not the only group you should be a member of. Firearms Owners Against Crime is a MUST for any Pennsylvanian, and if you can toss in another national group. Second Amendment Foundation for Gun Owners of America are solid choices, for example., but there is also the Pink Pistols if LGBT matters to you.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    uuh... no one gives a shit about a 7.62 bottle opener made in China and most certainly isn't lured to join/renew because of it. The trinkets cost them nothing.
    So this thread exists because nobody gives a shit. Got ya.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast