Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xdm 5.25 (competition) 9mm, M&P pro 9, or CZ 75 (with/out sp-1) OTB only.

I've had four CZ pistols in my life. Full size CZ75b's in Satin Nickel, shiney stainless and matte stainless and a compact CZ75b PCR. Very accurate and soft shooting 9mm. Sold or Traded them all.

Why? First off, easy sale / trades, someone always wants a 75b. Second, lack of holsters (although I hear Blackhawk makes a SERPA now). Third, they are big and beefy. While the slide is narrow, the frames / grips are fat. Definitely need to belt carry which is not fun if there are a lack of good holsters available. Lastly, I like SIGs. IMHO SIGs are a superior design. CZ's are normally carried "cocked and locked" (and the safety isn't as ergo as the 1911) or hammer down on an empty chamber...unless you buy a CZ85 but that decocker isn't the most ergo either.

If I came a crossed a used 75b at a good price would I buy it? Hell ya.

Default Re: Xdm 5.25 (competition) 9mm, M&P pro 9, or CZ 75 (with/out sp-1) OTB only.

Safari land, Fobus, Hogue, and Blade Tech are a few of the bigger names out there that make paddle or OWB duty retention style holsters for the CZ75. There are also dozens of custom companies like Savoy Leather, Alien Gear, and HH Holsters who can make you what ever you want in leather, hybrid, or Kydex with prices ranging from $30.00 to $175.00.

In this day and age holster options are no longer an issue.

(Chester County)

Maybe you should first decide if you want a striker fired pistol or da/sa hammer fired. The comparison you present is a bit odd.

If we're talking polymer striker fired I'll take the sig p320 all day over the springfield or m&p. Its got the best trigger of the three, by a mile. I also disagree that the trigger is "fixed" on the newer m&p pro. It still feels like pudding to me (brand new gun I only dry fired, did not shoot it).

If you want hammer fired then you should be looking at cz vs. sig. I greatly prefer the lower barrel, grip shape and shorter reach of my 75 compared to the 226 I used to own.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Seabee CO View Post
    I've had four CZ pistols in my life. Full size CZ75b's in Satin Nickel, shiney stainless and matte stainless and a compact CZ75b PCR. Very accurate and soft shooting 9mm. Sold or Traded them all.

Why? First off, easy sale / trades, someone always wants a 75b. Second, lack of holsters (although I hear Blackhawk makes a SERPA now). Third, they are big and beefy. While the slide is narrow, the frames / grips are fat. Definitely need to belt carry which is not fun if there are a lack of good holsters available. Lastly, I like SIGs. IMHO SIGs are a superior design. CZ's are normally carried "cocked and locked" (and the safety isn't as ergo as the 1911) or hammer down on an empty chamber...unless you buy a CZ85 but that decocker isn't the most ergo either.

If I came a crossed a used 75b at a good price would I buy it? Hell ya.

I beg to differ. There are many holsters available for CZ's plus holsters designed for other pistols work great for CZ's. For instance, my CZ PCR is carried in a Bianchi Shadow II designed for a Sig P228/229. It actually fits the PCR better than the Sig! CZ are not designed mostly to be carried cocked and locked. They are mostly DA/SA pistols, some with decockers like the PCR, P-01, and 75BD, some with manual safeties like the 75B, that have the ability to be cocked and locked.

I don't find the grips any fatter than other double stack pistols, and you can get ultra thin aluminum grips for them as well.
    Last edited by Pilot321; December 24th, 2015 at 12:32 PM.

(Susquehanna County)

Some caveats about the CZ 75B (based on my experience with a semi-custom Shadow version). Take note especially if your hands range from medium to small. If you chose the double action versions make sure you can reach the trigger adequately when in double action mode. Operating the magazine release and safety is nigh impossible for me so I've had to retrain myself to use the weak hand for these functions ( a plus for southpaws the safety is ambi and the magazine release is reversible). I also chose a single action only model.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12