Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default The Pro-Gun Comebacks Guide, for your use.

Once a month, I advertise the existence of the Pro-Gun Comebacks Guide.

https://goo.gl/5Z3dvT

The Guide has been dramatically updated and improved since last mention. More topics have been added and the ones already there have been fleshed out. We seem to be adding more "logical" refutations, although as always we have included ones that appeal to emotion and authority as well. There's still more work to be done, but at present this Guide can help you when you argue gun rights with relatives, friends, co-workers, anonymous Internet trolls, etc.

From the Guide:

Ever get into an argument with an anti-gunner and found yourself for a loss of words? You know he’s wrong, but he’s rattling off supposed “facts” so quick and is so glib and loud, you just can’t get a word in edgewise.

This guide can help! It provides a list of comebacks to most anything you can expect an anti-gunner to say.

Let’s concentrate on what’s important here--the audience. You’re most likely never going to convince your anti-gun opponent what you know and understand, that the right to keep and bear arms is a net positive for our society. They’re dug in, you’re dug in, and neither side is going to budge. What you should aim for instead is persuading the people watching and listening--people sitting on the fence--that YOU are right.

This is what the Guide tries to accomplish. All the usual arguments against gun rights are laid out in this document, with a host of answers ("rebuttals") also provided, which you can use in response.

This document is also a great way to quickly come up to speed with the major themes prevalent in the current national gun debate.

As always, feedback, criticisms, suggestions, and other thoughts are always greatly appreciated.

(Berks County)

Default Re: The Pro-Gun Comebacks Guide, for your use.

Gonna use that for sure!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Chester County)

And then there is my favorite retort!

Because . . . go fuck yourself.

I admire your patriotism and dedication but I don't agree with doing this at all. If you want to help people give them the tools to help themselves. Give them real facts and statistics, links to crime reports, stuff like that. Telling people exactly what to say helps nothing. If we do that, we're no better than them. People wont be thinking for themselves, youll be just giving them words to spue out like a biological tape recorder. Thats exactly what the left does.

Id rather have people educated, using their own words, and thinking for themselves, than just drones and pawns going at it, back and forth. Youre using people as a means to an end. And by saying things like, whatever gets the job done, is exactly something they'd say and do...and do do.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by perontify View Post
    You’re most likely never going to convince your anti-gun opponent what you know and understand, that the right to keep and bear arms is a net positive for our society.
    Then we need tools that work better so that we do in fact convince them and reverse their mindset. If existing models don't work then we need one that does.
    Last edited by Yellowfin; December 16th, 2015 at 01:02 PM.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Chester County)

ANTI: "If the gun wasn't there, there would be no shooting."

ME: If the two-time convicted felon who pulled the trigger was in jail where he belonged, there would be no shooting.

ANTI: [crickets]

This is a real conversation that happened at a ralley in front of Toomey's office in Philthy.

This was a real conversation at a ralley in Philly.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Bucks County)

never thought I'd end up a Vince Vaughn fan...

Stevie Ray, sure...but, Vince?
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.