Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default What is a "separate compartment" in this instance...?

During WWII and Korea soldiers using the M-1 and M-2 .30 caliber carbines placed a two-pocket pouch on the stock at what would be the comb area to hold two magazines.

I have an M-1 Inland and the pouch. I transport the carbine by vehicle inside a zippered carry bag which has zipper pouch on the outside of the bag. I understand that zippered pouch mounted on the exterior of the bag is considered a separate pouch and loaded magazines in that pouch would be legal.

Here's the question that has occurred to me. Does the two-pocket pouch, contents secured by a snap fastener, mounted on the rear stock constitute a separate container when it is inside the same bag as the rifle?

(Juniata County)

Default Re: What is a "separate compartment" in this instance...?

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    During WWII and Korea soldiers using the M-1 and M-2 .30 caliber carbines placed a two-pocket pouch on the stock at what would be the comb area to hold two magazines.

I have an M-1 Inland and the pouch. I transport the carbine by vehicle inside a zippered carry bag which has zipper pouch on the outside of the bag. I understand that zippered pouch mounted on the exterior of the bag is considered a separate pouch and loaded magazines in that pouch would be legal.

Here's the question that has occurred to me. Does the two-pocket pouch, contents secured by a snap fastener, mounted on the rear stock constitute a separate container when it is inside the same bag as the rifle?
    If the poach totally covers the clip/mag yes
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001