Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Akashic Records... my head hurts.

I've been watching the show "Eureka" on the SciFi channel, and they reference this "artifact" which is supposed to be an antennae for the Akashic records.

like most folks, i went... huh? ok, i'll wiki that sometime.

well, i just wiki'd it, and lost track of several hours delving into the idea of the "Akashic Records"

let me boil the the theory down to the simplest form I can comprehend:

Prior to the "Big Bang", there was the "Big Crunch", wherein all matter within our physical plane of the Universe collapsed into a quantum singularity (i.e., an ultra black-hole). however, the sentient beings of the previous Universe were able to construct a storage repository for all their accumulated knowledge, and make it so that the knowledge would be outside the physical realm of the Universe... thus making it able to survive the Big Crunch.

Now, as ridiculous as this may seem to some, and as far fetched as it may seem to others, I have to say I am so intrigued by this idea, that I think it trumps all other aspects of both science, and science fiction.

Imagine... all the combined knowledge of billions of sentient races from billions of years all kept, and accessible to those who know how. makes my head hurt just thinking about it.

reading more and more, I started wondering about all my life experiences... everything I've ever done... stored in some fashion, in the Universe's equivalent of Wikipedia.

but it also makes me think about other things... like deja vu. I know a lot of folks who say they've never even experienced it. but I have, and strongly, and frequently. what if an effect like deja vu is actually me accessing my own archive of the Akashic Record prior to the actual event I experience physically?

See? it makes your head hurt.

This is why I work alot and play video games... because when I'm not doing either, I start this thinking crap.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

Default Re: Akashic Records... my head hurts.

Edgar Cayce, The Sleeping Prophet, was said to have tapped into the Akashic Records. There is a lot material available in regards to Cayce.

Rick

(Northumberland County)

Wasn't there some mention of it in Star Gate?

(Lehigh County)

actually, no.

but add another few hypothesis.

have you ever just done something without knowing how? this could occur because of a subconscious will accessing the Akashic Records.

have you ever seen something knowing that it has happened at the exact same place and time before? again, the Records.

maybe it's a small percentage of people who actually experience theses things.

I'll be frankly honest... I've experienced deja vu so strongly I've been able to tell people about what was happening. and i've been in situations where an insight had reached me to solve problems I've had no experience in... (example, I was able to tell a mechanic friend to check the gaps on a spark plug with positive results despite having no idea what that actually meant at the time.)

this is why i try to lose myself in work and games...
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Allegheny County)

Your line of thinking implies that all action is not free action but predestined by including some method of accessing an exterior information source containing its outcome.

Like life is a movie that is not so much happening live, but is being re-aired in reruns throughout the cosmos. Like Leno in the wee hours of the morning.

But being able to access this form of exterior information - whether by digging it up, or subconsciously - almost implies that it will be defied. A person would naturally attempt to change an event that would effect them horribly if they were given advanced warning of some form. Which would break the permanent chain of events, and cause that entire thought process to come crashing into a wall like a freight train.

Something as simple as anxiety can cause one to think thru a situation so fast with a logical outcome - that when it occurs it seems like deja vu.

So can drugs, stress, lack of sleep...

I've experienced Vous Ja De, the feeling I've never been here before.

Yeah, I know...here's the only person that thought it was funny:

Last edited by PA Rifleman; August 8th, 2008 at 07:35 PM.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

Thumbs up Re: Akashic Records... my head hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Rifleman View Post
    I've experienced Vous Ja De, the feeling I've been here before.

Yeah, I know...here's the only person that thought it was funny:

My twin brother and I think it is very funny. BTW where did you find this video of him?

Thanks in advance .

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by er2006 View Post
    My twin brother and I think it is very funny. BTW where did you find this video of him?

Thanks in advance .

Ed
    Wait ... what? your twin brother and .....

DAD??? Uncle JOE????
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.