Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: New Ruger GP100 22LR!!

As someone who went out and paid a bunch of money for a 617 thinking it would be cool,accurate,fun,practical I can say that I was dead wrong. What a turd of a gun. Thing literally shot loose and started spitting lead at less then 1,000 rounds. Wasn't accurate at all for what it should have been. Oh and what a miserable bear to clean! Sold it and got a browning buckmark. Way more reliable and more accurate and 1 pipe to clean instead of 11. Better trigger and half the money. I love wheel guns but .22 wheel guns are just terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by Jshtbt View Post
    As someone who went out and paid a bunch of money for a 617 thinking it would be cool,accurate,fun,practical I can say that I was dead wrong. What a turd of a gun. Thing literally shot loose and started spitting lead at less then 1,000 rounds. Wasn't accurate at all for what it should have been. Oh and what a miserable bear to clean! Sold it and got a browning buckmark. Way more reliable and more accurate and 1 pipe to clean instead of 11. Better trigger and half the money. I love wheel guns but .22 wheel guns are just terrible!
    You must have gotten a lemon. I bought a 617 not long ago and it was the first .22 revolver that I have ever owned. It is getting better the more I shoot it and it shoots very well. I have had many many .22 autos and I like them as well but the revolver is just a different kind of fun. I like not having to load magazines. I have put several bricks of various .22 ammo through mine and it shot fine with all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by PAwhitetailbowhunter View Post
    I like my Dan Wesson 6 shot .22 with 8", 6" and 4" interchangeable barrels. I also really like Ruger double action revolvers and have a GP 100 in .357 Mag as well as a Redhawk in .357 Mag and a Security six in .357 Mag. If I had enough disposable income to get a new GP 100 in .22 I probably would consider it. Other than shooting and enjoying my firearms I really like the idea that they will be passed down to my children and hopefully that occurs for many many generations after I am gone and with any of these revolvers including the new Ruger GP 100 in .22 great, great, great , great ,great , great , great granddaughter Electra PAwhiatetailbowhunter will be shooting the guns that I purchased hundreds of years before she was born and she will think...thank GOD for Grandfather PAwhiatetailbowhunter. He must have been a really awesome dude.
    Redhawk in .357 mag? Ima little jealous.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Lycoming County)

Love it at the right price...

(Bucks County)

There's a shop up in Wyoming or Susquehanna county on the way up to hunting camp that has two GP100 .22s in stock. I actually held one in my hands. It was just what you'd expect a GP100 to be. Nice for sure, but not nice enough for me to justify the $849 price they had on it.

Quote Originally Posted by pacodelahoya View Post
    Redhawk in .357 mag? Ima little jealous.
    They made them years ago and maybe some day will run some again if a distributor wants to buy a lot of them. Ruger is a making some .41mag Redhawks again because Davidsons got them to make a run for them. I wouldn't mind a .357mag 5.5" Redhawk to go with my .44 5.5" Redhawk but nice ones are going for around $1k right now which is no bueno to me.

As for the price of the this .22lr GP100, I can understand the price. Even though it is only a .22lr machine time is actually more than a .357mag GP100 due to all the chambers. Its still physically the same size.

(Allegheny County)

I handled two GP100 22lrs one had an issue as the screw wasn't countersunk - the other was really nice - I just don't know if I want to spend the $$ on it. Wonder if it has any bugs to work out. It was 640 at lowest price. I don't know who is selling it for $800 but that's way overpriced.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234