Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Official PAFOA Harvest Thread (WARNING may be considered graphic by some)

i have been perusing the outdoors threads back quite a few years and feel it would be nice if we had a thread devoted to all harvests taken from this beautiful planet we have been given. feel free to post your successes in hunting, fishing, farming, etc. this is not meant to be a trophies only thread but rather a celebration of the earth's bounty and our mastery over it.

WV rifle 2015
    cheapest grass fed, organic meat you can find
    20151130_173528.jpg

I'm planning on doing a european mount with the skull and am going to begin working on it today
    ill post pics when its done
    didn't process it myself this year but pick him up tomorrow
    if he's tough or overly gamey ill go the jerky route but otherwise he's burgers, indian, chili etc at least 1x/week
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Official PAFOA Harvest Thread (WARNING may be considered graphic by some)

Nice Buck!

Not doing so well with the whitetails so far this year. Not worried, muzzleloader is coming up and is my favorite season.

A friend and I both scored 4X5 Elk in Colorado back in October.

DSC_0336.JPG

DSC_0337.JPG

DSC_0377.JPG

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Official PAFOA Harvest Thread (WARNING may be considered graphic by some)

Didn't get a picture, but shot a nice antlerless buck this morning. I was sneaking through the woods and seen him sneaking past me. Never saw me, his head was down chasing after a doe. My little ruger 308 broke both front shoulders lodging itself just under the skin on the far side. Blew up his heart and he ran about 20 yards before folding. After I got to him, found he had little stubs about an inch thick that had broken off. He was probably a nice sized 6 pointer. This is my first deer in at least 12 years. Like I said, he was a legal antlerless, but was a mature buck, and still rutting. Was a good day, and was very happy to have one in the freezer.

congrats
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by pennlineman View Post
    Nice Buck!

Not doing so well with the whitetails so far this year. Not worried, muzzleloader is coming up and is my favorite season.

A friend and I both scored 4X5 Elk in Colorado back in October.

DSC_0336.JPG

DSC_0337.JPG

DSC_0377.JPG
    Pennlineman you are the man.

(Westmoreland County)

Daughter's first deer.

IMG_20151205_122526small.jpg

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by fastsrfr View Post
    Daughter's first deer.

IMG_20151205_122526small.jpg
    Another 30-30 I see? Deer jerky, burger, what, what ,what?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Another 30-30 I see? Deer jerky, burger, what, what ,what?
    Yessir. A newer Marlin .30-.30 with a Tru Glo red dot sight from Dick's. (My daughter said that it was not easy to pick up the red dot in full sunlight even at its highest intensity setting so I might have to get something else.) This is the first deer anyone in my immediate family has harvested and I have zero experience with the processing side of things so, with a bit of embarrassment, I just asked the guy who took my order for "whatever the regular package is" plus a pound of peppersticks. Next time I hope to have a more specific order.

Quote Originally Posted by fastsrfr View Post
    Yessir. A newer Marlin .30-.30 with a Tru Glo red dot sight from Dick's. (My daughter said that it was not easy to pick up the red dot in full sunlight even at its highest intensity setting so I might have to get something else.) This is the first deer anyone in my immediate family has harvested and I have zero experience with the processing side of things so, with a bit of embarrassment, I just asked the guy who took my order for "whatever the regular package is" plus a pound of peppersticks. Next time I hope to have a more specific order.
    what was the range of shots she had?
    my cousin hunts with a lever action 30-30 and a red dot and shoots out to 200

then again, he often shoots multiple times and has to track his deer
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by gummy jones View Post
    what was the range of shots she had?
    my cousin hunts with a lever action 30-30 and a red dot and shoots out to 200

then again, he often shoots multiple times and has to track his deer
    ~ 30 yards. We haven't really tried much in the way of long range targets. There is no way to take a safe 200 yard shot on the property we hunt.

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast