Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Re: L3 maker of EOTech holographic sights pays big settlement to government for fraud

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Bucks County)

Default Re: L3 maker of EOTech holographic sights pays big settlement to government for fraud

That extreme temp shift range would seem to indicate the possibility of air travel. As in, a C-17 or C-5 doing an airdrop of equipment to troops. _45 temps in a cargo bay are not unheard of.

(Lackawanna County)

At -40 and +144 degrees, those are beyond MY operating temps. It'll be too cold for me to survive the frostbite, or so hot I'll have sunstroke. As long as they work from -15 to +100 I'm thrilled. Too damn old to be a "First Line" trooper anymore. So I'm thrilled with "Second Line" gear. If the things are so "defective" then Uncle Sam should just unload them at half price to us civilians. I'd buy a new in box one for half the price!

I did a search before posting, as I haven't been real active here lately, and nothing came up but this thread.

It was somewhat touched on in a couple posts right above mine, but you guys are aware that Eotech has issued a refund initiative for anyone that wished to sell their sights back to them due to the fraud ruling that they settled with the gov on.

If not, there's a huge thread on arfcom regarding folks sending sights in for full refunds of purchase price.

All you need to do is provide manufacture date, serial number, and price paid through Eotech's "Return Authorization Request" link under customer support:

http://www.eotechinc.com/return-auth...n-request-form

You'll get an email back saying approved/denied, and instructions on how to proceed and ship your sight back. It sounds like refunds will start, hopefully, after the first of the year.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tacgunner View Post
    At -40 and +144 degrees, those are beyond MY operating temps. It'll be too cold for me to survive the frostbite, or so hot I'll have sunstroke. As long as they work from -15 to +100 I'm thrilled. Too damn old to be a "First Line" trooper anymore. So I'm thrilled with "Second Line" gear. If the things are so "defective" then Uncle Sam should just unload them at half price to us civilians. I'd buy a new in box one for half the price!
    Beyond your operating temps?

"Parallax shift at 32 degrees Fahrenheit was 12 MOA, and at 5 degrees Fahrenheit it was 20 MOA"

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/11/27...weapon-sights/

And the POI changes (which I THINK are different from the parallax changes in this case but not sure) are not temporary. Leave your gun in the car, or in the sun, lose zero.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    So, whaddya gonna replace it with?

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post
    So, whaddya gonna replace it with?
    I'm going with Aimpoints. I just sent for my authorization tonight. I was on the fence but I'm afraid this may bankrupt the company and then I'll have shit sights without any support.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Beaver County)

I plan to send my 553 back. Whether I operate or not, I paid a premium for certain specs. On top of this major fraudulent issue, there have been increasing reports about the sights just going to shit. Like UJ said, I don't want to be stuck with an unbacked product.

I just have no idea what I paid for my 553. I see they still go for over $600 new, but I don't want to lie. I bought it when I was in college, so any email orders went to that now non-existent email address.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperHummel View Post
    I plan to send my 553 back. Whether I operate or not, I paid a premium for certain specs. On top of this major fraudulent issue, there have been increasing reports about the sights just going to shit. Like UJ said, I don't want to be stuck with an unbacked product.

I just have no idea what I paid for my 553. I see they still go for over $600 new, but I don't want to lie. I bought it when I was in college, so any email orders went to that now non-existent email address.
    I'm not sure how they're handling the prices. One guy on Facebook said he sent an original invoice and they said they were going to send him $30 less than on the invoice. I don't know if that was a clerical error or if they have a fee schedule. I'm pretty good about keeping receipts so I'm going to start digging them out tomorrow. I have a 553 and a new EXPS 3-4 with the magnifier that I bought as one. I'll be interested to see if they're going to take the whole thing back or just pay me for the sight and have me keep the magnifier.

Not sure if this is true or not but I saw on TGC news that they were issuing gift certificates to customers to purchase new products from them and not an actual cash refund.

It's mentioned briefly here starting at 3:26 mark.

https://www.full30.com/video/2324303...d6363c4cbf2691

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast