Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: York Gun Show

(York County)

Default York Gun Show

Sorry I don't have alot of information on this one, but I do know that it will be the24th and 25th at the Fairgrounds.

Default Re: York Gun Show

Supposedly "600 tables available", by the same guys that put on the NE Phila show
    http://www.appalachianpromotions.com/news.htm

(Lebanon County)

I might go. I don't have anything better to do really, and who knows maybe I'll find something great.

(Berks County)

I'll be there with wife and son- wife asked to go to the "outdoor show" in York, gunshow is my tradeoff.

(Lebanon County)

Lucky you. For me it's a hour drive, and I hate driving into towns I'm unfamiliar with.

(Chester County)

Does any one have a Saturday report? I want to know if it's worth the drive. I'm specifically looking for surplus powder. Anybody see anything?

(Berks County)

I don't know about surplus but there's a guy in the very back right corner with a bunch of ammo and powders on shelves and in bins. I heard several people say his prices were good, one guy bought a bunch of powder he said he couldn't find anywhere else.

The show is VERY crowded, aisles were really hard to get through. Prices were from fair to high to "smoking crack again,huh". I saw one Ruger 10/22 used for $225, thought that was funny since I just got one new at Shydas for $184. Morton Enterprises is there with lots of 91/30's and K98's, a few Enfields.

Lots of military hardware,AR's, AK's,SKS's,C&R stuff,as well as the usual sporting arms and specialty dealers. Not sure who it is but somebodies selling Mosin-Nagant M44's for $75 out of the crate, they looked nice but I didn't have the cash.

And if you're hungry, beef jerky guy is there, as well as a guy with about 6 tables of socks- never can tell when you need new socks right?

All in all not a bad show, but they tried to cram too much in the hall and people were getting rude about it. If you stopped anywhere to look at something you were at least partially blocking the aisle, my wife went out to the lobby with our son as he almost got stepped on several times. She's pretty tolerant of people but even she commented several times on the pushing and shoving.

And on a personal note, to the a*****e who got out of his car and screamed at me and my family for waiting for a parking space close to the entrance: My son is disabled and at 3 years old he has trouble walking long distances so I try to park close if possible. I would have told you this but couldn't get a word in past your screaming. I take him when I can because he's already interested in firearms and likes to "help" me clean mine when I get home. I left plenty of room for people to get around the car, as evidenced by the vehicle that drove past me right before you started beeping your horn like an idiot. And if you still think screaming at people in public like that is justified,at least take off the NRA hat- GREAT PR BONEHEAD.

Dan and moderators,I apologize for the last bit but I needed to vent. If you need it removed, please do.

(Lebanon County)

Mosin 44s for just $75.

Edit- I didn't go today, because my father might want to come with me. He seemed pretty discouraged by the past two we went to, but who knows we never do anything at all.

As for the rude guy, any rude guy, middle finger, wave back, and forth just like the english did to the french to show that they still had their middle fingers attached.

Edit again - if it's going to snow to early there's no way I can go.
    Last edited by Willtallica; February 25th, 2007 at 02:58 AM.

(Lancaster County)

I picked up a $15 shotgun there on Saturday.
    http://www.slcfsa.com/index.html
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1130&dateline=1165613  693Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!