Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Lancaster County LTCF

Quote Originally Posted by robertibaker View Post
    Hello, Does anyone have recent experience with applying for CCW in Lancaster City? Are they shut down because virus, etc? Are they supportive / neutral / hostile, etc? I live near Manor St and like to take long walks. Do local authorities prefer I NOT carry during my walks, etc? This would be my first ever CCW, although I am a longtime firearms owner and do have a scant few years of military service in case that means anything. Also have PA hunting license, I moved here from Telford this past January. Thank you, all replies welcome.
    According to the Lancaster Co. Sheriffs web-site, they are currently not processing LTCF applications in-person, only by mail. My previous experience (pre-COVID) was always good. Walk in/out with new LTCF and subsequent renewals. As far as local LEO preferences.......the law is the law. I OC/CC in Lancaster county and have never been questioned about it.

BTW - I moved to Lancaster county from Silverdale in 2005.

(Lancaster County)

Thanks very much for your reply! I "escaped" from NJ in 2014, lived/worked in Telford PA area at JBS, spent a year teaching industrial electricity in Phila, now retired in Lancaster City where I aspire to be a part of the local music scene...if it survives this lockdown....

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by robertibaker View Post
    Thanks very much for your reply! I "escaped" from NJ in 2014, lived/worked in Telford PA area at JBS, spent a year teaching industrial electricity in Phila, now retired in Lancaster City where I aspire to be a part of the local music scene...if it survives this lockdown....
    What do you play? I'm a bass player. I grew up in Philly and moved to Silverdale in '91. I did the bar/club scene in NJ/PA/DE for 40+ years. I used to amuse myself trying to spot a bar in Bucks/Montgomery co. that I never played. I played a few gigs in Lancaster/Berks but those were wedding/private party things. These days I mostly just play in church and do the occasional recording session.

(Lancaster County)

I play a bit of six string guitar, some bass (using a pick), and do some simple keyboard stuff. My most recent playout was the jam sessions at Tellus360 Lancaster City. I brought an acoustic bass and really had some fun! Then the lockdown came....

(Lancaster County)

I submitted my renewal via mail. In about three days got email from Sheriff that application received. About another three weeks and got call from Deputy to set time to come to courthouse and do final processing. When got to courthouse for appointment looked closed but door open. Metal detector right inside door. As far as I could tell I was only member of public in courthouse. Out with renewed permit in about 10 minutes.

(Philadelphia County)

LTCF expiring after March 19, 2020 have all been extended until July 31, 2020.

(Lancaster County)

We let ours lapse on July 15th. On August 10th we mailed in all the requested information, got a phone call on August 14th that I didn't answer from the Sheriff's office. I called them back on August 17th and they told me we were ready and needed to make an appointment, which was for today at 9:30. We got there right at 9:30, guards at the station were very friendly, verified that we had an appointment and we went through. I forgot to take my PAFOA Moderator Fenix flashlight out of my pocket, had to go back through a couple of times till I figured out it was slipped down in a side pocket. The guys working the station today were definitely a lot friendlier than we've experienced in the past.

Went down to the office, and it's changed. Instead of the big open counter there's now with multiple windows and security glass. You have to stand in front of a window until someone sees you there, there's no bell. A couple other people were in for their appointments before us. We checked in and sat down and bullshitted with the others waiting. Elderly couple were there getting theirs, and another older gentleman was waiting for his turn after ours. Wife went first and she was done in under 5 minutes. Then I went into the little photo room. Lady says to take off my mask and my hat. I faked gasped and said "but that's dangerous!" She laughed and said she thinks it all bunch of hooey. She got me all done in about 5 minutes and we were out the door. Wished the guards at the door a nice day and we left. In and out in about 15 minutes, and we still had time on our meter.

New sheriff seems to be doing things correctly.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    We let ours lapse on July 15th. On August 10th we mailed in all the requested information, got a phone call on August 14th that I didn't answer from the Sheriff's office.
    Did the call that you received come from a Sheriff's Dept. phone number? The reason I ask is because I sent my app and $ to them two weeks ago and have heard nothing, although there have been calls from unrecognized numbers during that time which I've ignored.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Did the call that you received come from a Sheriff's Dept. phone number? The reason I ask is because I sent my app and $ to them two weeks ago and have heard nothing, although there have been calls from unrecognized numbers during that time which I've ignored.
    Yes it did. CallerID said it was the Sheriff.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Yes it did. CallerID said it was the Sheriff.
    Thank You!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast