Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Hello From a new member

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    ...Don't start trying to pass ordinances or laws to change the way your neighbors live their lives or "protect" their children due to your better judgment,
    Not sure what this means bud, you'll have to elaborate if you want a response about it.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    One more test:

OP, which is better, Furries or Bronies.
    I don't judge what others are into as long as it's between consenting adults, live and let me live... Besides, the whole Furry thing was just a phase, I was at a really low point in my life and I have since moved on so please burn the photos. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    I'm not so sure, i wanna see if he can Mexican carry a chambered Glock with out a holster!
    Pfft, Mexican carry? I Guatemalan carry a Thompson Contender while on my daily jog. When you "moose knuckle" it just right it's better 'n Rem Oil!!

Thanks for the useful info Patriot- I'll look into the belts. Honestly I never thought of the belt itself. I'm a carpenter and wearing my tool belt all day usually keeps me on the lookout for a good pants belt. As I said I'm a carpenter, not a plumber. Currently I'm wearing a Dickies work belt and am fine with it

I'm carrying a Beretta PX4 Subcompact 9mm. I know some people don't like it but I have no problem with it being "chunky". I'm no advocate by any means, this one just feels good to me...for now hehe. I rented a few locally and this one just stood out to me. I tried a sig and a CZ p07 (I think) CZ was nice and I may get the full size in the near future. Also shot a kahr but the Beretta just felt good.

Also I picked up and am trying out the Blackhawk Serpa CQC Concealment Holster I like it so far but am open to trying others as well.

Haven't done any research on SD ammo yet, still trying to squeeze in range time whenever I can. I've been shooting at the heritage guild as it's 15 min from home but would love to try out other ranges in/near Easton if anyone suggests one.

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes and advice guys.

(Lackawanna County)

Welcome, Detale, from a fellow transplant of (wow) 18 years.
    After about a year of living here, you will LOATHE going back to NYC to visit. If it wasn't for Ferdinandos on Union St I'd be content to never visit Brooklyn again lol. My Dad is still not right from all those years growing up next to the Gowanus Canal

SuperStock_1599R-19050.jpg

That sign ain't bullshit. Again, welcome!
    I'm faster than Doc Holliday (with Novocaine of course)

(Tioga County)

As for ammo I'm partial to Speer Gold Dot Hollow Points. But, I'm carrying a .45ACP, so YMMV.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by DrillNFill View Post
    Welcome, Detale, from a fellow transplant of (wow) 18 years.
    After about a year of living here, you will LOATHE going back to NYC to visit. If it wasn't for Ferdinandos on Union St I'd be content to never visit Brooklyn again lol. My Dad is still not right from all those years growing up next to the Gowanus Canal

SuperStock_1599R-19050.jpg

That sign ain't bullshit. Again, welcome!
    You messing with me? I'm from Court street! My father owned the building right next to Hanley's. Spent many a night getting boozed up in there before they changed it. My uncles are the Mcneils. Who's your dad? I'm gonna PM you for details.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    @Streaker- I own 2 already one maple and the other african teak
    Oh, you're gonna fit *right* in.

I don't judge what others are into as long as it's between consenting adults, live and let me live... Besides, the whole Furry thing was just a phase, I was at a really low point in my life and I have since moved on so please burn the photos. Thanks
    Yup, right in...
    Last edited by Sgt.K; November 23rd, 2015 at 01:47 PM.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Oh, you're gonna fit *right* in.

Yup, right in...
    Yeah, he's good.

(Allegheny County)

Buy a AR-15 and as many 30/40 round MAGPUL mags as you can just as an FU to NY. That is all I got as you already got a LTCF.

If you have any cash left over go take some classes, but that is good advice no mater what state you reside in.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Northampton County)

I probably will take a few classes soon. I used to be an NRA certified rifle,pistol, home safety and hunter safety instructor some years ago. Would love to get back into it, just don't have the time.

(Lehigh County)

[SNIP]
    Also I picked up and am trying out the Blackhawk Serpa CQC Concealment Holster I like it so far but am open to trying others as well.

[SNIP]
    The SERPA CQB has a lot of detractors for numerous complaints. As I'm sure others will lodge them and I haven't experienced any of them, I won't elaborate.

IMHO, the SERPA CQB is a great training aid if you are new to drawing from a holster.

Be careful... as you take classes and diligently do your dry-fire practice at home you may develop an absolute inability to put your trigger finger on the trigger until you have presented on target.

As you move to other holsters, and you may have a whole drawer full some day, 'correct' finger placement will be muscle memory even without the little button.

Heh. Must be something in the water...........
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123