Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: what really did happen at Greater Piit shooting range?

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post
    The long and short: Tex was selling guns. Tex was a prohibited person. Connie was putting her name to Tex's activities. They both plead guilty. The club itself plead guilty. It closed as a result.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/wa...s/200906120126

Tex could not legally posses guns, much less sell them, after 2000. The Feds caught him selling, Connie signing that she did, etc. he sold ammo during the plea bargain process.

All in all, a shame. It was a great place to shoot.
    Connie did NOT sign anything. Someone (I'm not saying who) was signing her name without her knowledge.
    There are three kinds of people in this world....them what's good at math and them what ain't.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bib View Post
    Connie did NOT sign anything. Someone (I'm not saying who) was signing her name without her knowledge.
    Yeah. So, the Feds charged her with it and she pled guilty to it.

Tex was also charged with signing her name. That doesn't explain why she'd then plead to it.

(Beaver County)

It's called a "plea deal", plead to a lessor charge or they charge you with a more serious crime and you take your chances in a trial.

(Beaver County)

Funny I just saw this.

I've heard a rumor recently from a few different people that somebody recently bought the property and were going to be re-opening, or opening a new gun glub.

I've heard the owners also own a club somewhere in Bridgeville.

Anyone else hear this?

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Iron City Armory just announced that they've opened an outdoor range and from the address, I believe that it is the former Greater Pittsburgh Gun Club.

(Allegheny County)

For sure it is Greater Pitt. I wonder if Tex or whoever sold it. I'm also a bit surprised Robinson Township allowed it to reopen. I believe they see that land as prime development land with the new road that went in and all.

I hope they fixed it up....it was a dump last time I was there.
    The Lord Bless You

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by tuxie555 View Post
    Funny I just saw this.

I've heard a rumor recently from a few different people that somebody recently bought the property and were going to be re-opening, or opening a new gun glub.

I've heard the owners also own a club somewhere in Bridgeville.

Anyone else hear this?
    I'm glad someone else broke the news, I've been keeping this a secret for a few weeks now.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    I'm glad someone else broke the news, I've been keeping this a secret for a few weeks now.

It's been common knowledge for a couple of weeks now.

I posted the links to the shitty business practices of the Iron City Armory owners when it was announced in the other thread so that people could see who they would be dealing with.

It's Greater Pit Gun Club though, so if the guy who raped their mother was running it, they would still join. LOL

Typically I'm very happy to see new gun businesses, but when the owners are dickheads, it's a different story.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

If the price was reasonable, I would join. I would however, keep closer tabs on my mother.

When I was a member at Greater Pitt, there were many stories circulated about Tex and what he may have or may not have done. That was before he eventually got busted and did time.
    He treated me OK, I used to bullshit with him in the clubhouse when things were slow or it was damn cold out and I went in for a heater.
    He seemed OK to me.

Iron City opened, I went in a few times, bull shitted with the owner and a few customers. Eventually, I bought a gun there. The owner seemed like a good dude, had my stuff when he said it would be there and it was a pleasure to deal with.

The range cost was higher than I wanted to pay so didn't join.
    All Holy hell broke loose with a thread or two pounding this guy who eventually lost his FFL and did some bad shit ( not sure where it stands now ).

Now. If I got it right, there were other owners as well and another owner got the FFL.

I have to ask the question. If someone else is now in charge ( I don't know that) would you guys still not buy from or use the services of this company based on the first owner's interaction with the guy that didn't get his refund in a timely manner and that owner eventually fucked himself by doing what he did or would you try to use the companies store and facilities based on a new staff running or managing the places?

Was there a plethora of people he screwed? Did the one guy get his refund in a time frame far in excess of what any of us has waited for a refund? All good questions.

Let me be clear here. I don't know that Iron City owner. I don't drink with him, see him at the coffee shop or in any way shape or form deal with him aside from the few times i was in there. I probably wouldn't recognize him on the street.

If that place is under new management due to his idiocy, I would still join that outdoor portion of club.
    Perhaps I would keep closer tabs on my mother though . Us old guys sometimes repeat ourselves.

And PLEASE don't put me on your ignore list.
    Wait, I still don't get email notifications to any threads so it almost seems like I have all of you on my ignore list.
    Maybe the site has ME on it's ignore list. Damn.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Allegheny County)

All I can say is what I said in the other thread and that is to say that birds of a feather tend to flock together.
    It wouldn't surprise me to find that the other owners are just as much a bunch of dickheads as the guy who is now arrested who was telling a forum member to take his money back and stay the fuck out of his place. (among other publicly posted obscenities and such directed at those who aren't all cool and tactical like them)

Then someone else called to ask something and the "other owner" apparently didn't like his question/comment and simply hung up on him.
    Thus providing evidence that my theory is likely not too far off.

That's all.

I have never seen such utter contempt and disregard for paying customers and I wouldn't give them any money any more than I'd shop at Dick's.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast