Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Obtaining Philadelphia LTC - what a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    And elsewhere in Pennsylvania, the same state that Philadelphia's in, in many cases you can be in and out in under an hour - with your license, whether new or renewed.
    It took me 7 minutes with three people ahead of me. And that's in downtown Pittsburgh - the second most shitty place in PA.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Ahhh, not so fast. This is just Philly, and he will STILL get issued an LTCF, it may take a few more weeks, but it will be issued. Also, anywhere else in the state is pretty much a breeze to get an LTCF. So, we are nowhere near NY,.......yet. But if it makes you feel better.
    I thought it was abundantly clear from my post that it does not make me feel better at all. How did you miss the entire second sentence?

It really saddens me to see the trends I'm seeing. PA was my beacon of hope, but my hopes of turning upstate NY into Northern PA appear to be occurring inversely.

(Lackawanna County)

I'm usually in and out in about 10-15 minutes time in Lackawanna county and u can get your ATF forms signed while are there if u so desire to own a class 3 or suppressor . . .

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by RBELARDI View Post
    I'm usually in and out in about 10-15 minutes time in Lackawanna county and u can get your ATF forms signed while are there if u so desire to own a class 3 or suppressor . . .
    Funny you say that. As I was leaving that office, me and a friend who also came to renew, talked about how impossible would it be to get a class 3 or suppressor in Philadelphia given what we just went through. In fact, does anyone know folks in Philly that were able to get an SBR or class 3 or suppressor?

(Lackawanna County)

Ya the new Lackawanna Sheriff is very pro 2A. I called him one day about signing off on a Form 1 (to build a SBR or suppressor yourself). He said do all the paperwork call to make an appointment with him. When u come in they will run a background check like u are applying for a LTCF and he will sign off on it right there and then . . .

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mracer71 View Post
    Funny you say that. As I was leaving that office, me and a friend who also came to renew, talked about how impossible would it be to get a class 3 or suppressor in Philadelphia given what we just went through. In fact, does anyone know folks in Philly that were able to get an SBR or class 3 or suppressor?
    Basically you have to be friends with a judge who presides over felony criminal cases. Unfortunately, my judge friend is now retired, and as long as I reside in Philly, I missed my shot. I really wish I got him to sign off so I could buy an SBR. Now I have to wait until I move to another county.

The people who can sign off are police chiefs, state police commander, district attorney, state attorney general, sheriff, or judge who presides over felony cases. I might be missing 1 or 2, but that is all I can come up with. Ramsey won't do it, our sheriff won't do it, neither would Seth Williams nor AG Kane. The state police commander would probably only do it for friends. That leaves you with judges.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by RBELARDI View Post
    Ya the new Lackawanna Sheriff is very pro 2A. I called him one day about signing off on a Form 1 (to build a SBR or suppressor yourself). He said do all the paperwork call to make an appointment with him. When u come in they will run a background check like u are applying for a LTCF and he will sign off on it right there and then . . .
    Not to shabby, him being a democrat and all.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by redeye202 View Post
    Not to shabby, him being a democrat and all.
    He only has two jobs.

Secure the Court Room.

Issue LTCF.

Screwing around on the only two things he is required to do, tends to lead to a lack of a pension.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    He only has two jobs.

Secure the Court Room.

Issue LTCF.

Screwing around on the only two things he is required to do, tends to lead to a lack of a pension.
    They have quite a few other responsibilities than just those two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    He's allowed because he's special.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    And elsewhere in Pennsylvania, the same state that Philadelphia's in, in many cases you can be in and out in under an hour - with your license, whether new or renewed.
    I think you meant to say 15-20 minutes. That's how long long it took in Bucks.
    IANAL MPMO VIVA CUBA LIBRE

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast