Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: IT IS ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE THAT YOU VOTE TOMORROW, NOV 3 - PA SUPREME COURT

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    It's the fault of moving vans from New Jersey and New York. They're all over the Commonwealth now.
    Somewhat correct. I work with our local Republican committee and there were a few factors:
    #1--Republicans did NOT get out to vote and the numbers are staggering. Democrats didn't bring out many more, but just enough.
    #2--Democrats hired an outside/private company to make calls, go door to door and literally guilt voters to GET out.

What did we do? Nothing! We come on sites like these, complain and then do nothing. The realization is we need to be trolling every single possible story/forum that tries to damage our cause and reply diligently----not occasionally, every day! Make it your second job!
    Next, we need to use Facebook, Twitter, emails, etc our soapbox. Once again diligently.
    Also, we ALL need to diligently contact reps, senators and be involved in local politics.

The Dems in our area have a Facebook page that has attracted 5000 plus users. It's a good page that gives information on our area, who to use, yard sales, etc---but they use it diligently to promote their agenda and it worked.

Local is our last stand and it's being lost. We really need to be doing a lot more than coming onto this site and complaining. I hate to sound harsh, but get to work or shut up. I'm sick and tired of conservatives expecting others to run with the ball. I know that we're all busy, I am too---I have a full time job and every single night is busy with meetings, family obligations and other items. However, to simply contact reps, remark on a few stories and go to a few local meeting will change things tremendously if WE ALL DO IT!

We have no choice at this point...the "enemy" is on the attack and we're complaining while they are destroying us. Get to work...
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Bucks County)

Default Re: IT IS ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE THAT YOU VOTE TOMORROW, NOV 3 - PA SUPREME COURT

What's actually very funny is that watching the MSNBC pre debate thing the other night and they were all bitching about the exact same thing while crying how the R party has their act together in comparison.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    So...you know what to do about that? Reach out, shake their hand, have them over to dinner, then take them to the range. Assimilate them. Ya know, kind of how we're not all speaking French, German, Italian, and Polish. Get the NY and NJ people to learn to be like us. People in this state need to quit being the stuck up ***hole northeast.
    Pretty much this.

Kinda like how Cuban nationals fleeing Castro found a home in the Florida Republican party, it's pretty much time to deprogram the NYC out of ex-NYCers.

So pour them a pot of coffee, make some scrapple and treat them like human beings instead of trash.

Voter education, people.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticSplash View Post
    Pretty much this.

Kinda like how Cuban nationals fleeing Castro found a home in the Florida Republican party, it's pretty much time to deprogram the NYC out of ex-NYCers.

So pour them a pot of coffee, make some scrapple and treat them like human beings instead of trash.

Voter education, people.
    It is. That is one issue I have with the national Republican Party and idiots like Karl Rove that want to fight these little battles in a couple of Ohio counties rather than a nationwide campaign.

We've gone over a generation where a lot of people in this country have not been exposed to another side. Personally if I ever ran for governor or as POTUS I'd wade right into the most blue areas and fight it out and make my case.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    It is. That is one issue I have with the national Republican Party and idiots like Karl Rove that want to fight these little battles in a couple of Ohio counties rather than a nationwide campaign.

We've gone over a generation where a lot of people in this country have not been exposed to another side. Personally if I ever ran for governor or as POTUS I'd wade right into the most blue areas and fight it out and make my case.

The establishment is only concerned with maintaining their power. Win, lose or draw; as long as they have a seat at the table, it's all good. As, I stated several times, I want Cruz as President. Having said that, the emotional side, wants Trump to win, just to see how much he can disrupt the system.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    The establishment is only concerned with maintaining their power. Win, lose or draw; as long as they have a seat at the table, it's all good.
    What we need to look at is exactly who is keeping that establishment in power and who has put the ideas in their heads that the status quo is good and what they want. The name next to the R or D is only the end result of the process and really is more or less an afterthought. Notice how we make calls, write letters, vote, etc. and it doesn't make a difference a lot of the time? Ballots mean nothing if the ideas don't change first and direction doesn't change at the root.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647