I currently do all my shooting at the sportsmans club here which is only a ten minute drive from my house. It's fine most of the time, but this past summer a few times I would load everything in the truck and my son would be all hyped up to shoot, and on arrival there would be somebody else shooting, or it would be rented for the day, or there would be a competetion going on.

I hear people talking all the time about their "private" shooting area in old strip jobs, but even though some are my friends, nobody offers to let me shoot there too, not that I blame them.

I don't even know where to start to try to get permission to use an old strip job for shooting. I bet nobody even knows who owns some of the older ones. I hesitate to try to contact the offices of any of the big multi-national coal companies because I'm pretty sure the standard answer would be "no trespassing".

Hell, I'd be willing to pay a yearly fee for a place where I can dump mags to my hearts content, shoot big tannerite, etc.

Any suggestions.....other that everybody else wishes for the same thing.