Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Re: What's this now on 739.....

Nate did you see that bear hanging out near the bank?

(Pike County)

Making a little progress on the site. I wonder if they are going to drop a prefab on that slab?

(Wayne County)

Saw it the other week on the way to pheasant hunting...will be passing by tomorrow morning for the same and want to see the progress.

Matt

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Quacked View Post
    Making a little progress on the site. I wonder if they are going to drop a prefab on that slab?
    I don't think Roy is putting a prefab up. He left one wall up from the car wash so he will be taxed as a renovation, not on new construction. I will say it looks small
    from the pad layout. All the permits were pushed right through, even the variance. The people in the development behind it were objecting to it, from what I heard
    (hear say).

To my knowledge he is just waiting for ATF approval, Bueki is just going to rubber stamp it. Again this is just scuttlebut.

Hey Nat, any openings at the gun club? lol

(Lackawanna County)

I honesty don't know if there are or not. I can try and find out. The wait list is pretty long though.

As for Roy's range. He's got one wall started along the side. I'll see if I can get some pictures. I go to work and it's dark and I come home and it's dark so it's tough to see what's going on. It does look small. I heard six lanes

(Pike County)

Just drove by and the masons were at working on the back wall and making good progress.

Thought I'd introduce myself as this is my first post, my name is Mark and I'm not only a noobie here on the site but also new to owning my own firearms. I'm semi-retired and am getting around to doing things I've long wanted to take part in. I hadn't gone hiking or played golf much or handled a pistol in a few decades and now is the time. Hope to meet some of you along the way; especially looking forward to the new range. Have been sifting through the many forums here and have found the site worthwhile and informative. Hope to tap into your knowledge and enjoy the camaraderie of the folks here. THX

(Pike County)

Welcome Mark.
    What are your shooting interests?

(Wayne County)

Not a frequent poster here, but frequent reader. Welcome from neighboring Wayne county.

Matt

(Pike County)

Thanks Jim and Matt for the welcome.

Interested primarily target shooting and owning a firearm for self-defense
    Once competent with a pistol, maybe shooting clays if/when I pick-up a shotgun and find the right place to participate and learn.
    Also interested in a LTCF and have asked two people I know well to fill out the ref forms.
    Much to my surprise, the Wife and daughter (21 y/o) have also showed interest in target shooting. Wife is even receptive to filing for a LTCF
    I have an SR22 to learn with, and over time will acquire an appropriate CCW for both the wife and I.
    My bro in law has an FFL so he will be a big help when the time comes

Jim, not trying to hijack your thread but thought it would be a good opportunity to jump in. THX

(Pike County)

No hijack brother!
    you can all drop your Ltcf applications off at the Sheriffs office in Milford it should only take a few weeks to get approved.
    pretty neat to do it as a family.
    in the spring the action pistol and cowboy matches start at the Matamoras rod and gun Club. Lots of fun and you get some time in behind your pistols.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast