Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Anyone use the Nikon Spot On website?

http://spoton.nikonsportoptics.com/spoton/spoton.html

I am trying to get the reticle information for 300 Blackout using 220 grain subsonic bullets. Since they do not have Sig Sauer as a manufacturer in the QUICK SEARCH area (the one I use), I am choosing the same bullet weight made by Federal. Then I go an delete everything under ENTER HANDLOAD INFO. However, after I do that, on the printout or on the screen, it retains the handload information which was on the screen by default instead of the quick search information I entered.

What am I doing wrong? To me, it looks like a bug, but I could be wrong.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Wyoming County)

Default Re: Anyone use the Nikon Spot On website?

I've used it. Seems to work ok for me. What kind of 220 are you using- Round nose, HPBT? If you can give me your BC, Velocity, and Scope Info I'll give it a try and see if I can get different results.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

I went in and entered 30-06 Springfield and Hornady American Whitetail, then set my distances and hit the 'fire'
    button, never touching the handload button, and it worked just fine. Maybe because you're hitting the handload button it's looking for handload data and since you deleted everything it's falling back to default. Try just selecting your factory ammo and don't touch the handload button and see what that gives you.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

I was able to get it to work just fine. I also think you were in the handload section. Fed/Rem 220's should work just fine. We are working on getting the SigSauer ammo into Spot On, sometimes companies do not want to let Nikon enter the info into Spot On even though it can be a benefit for their customer's. Make sure you measure your scope height form mid bore to mid scope and enter that into Spot On as well. I have taken my sub's out to 150 yards on hogs using a P-300 BLK BDC scope. Let me know if you have more issues and I'll try to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by bman940 View Post
    I was able to get it to work just fine. I also think you were in the handload section. Fed/Rem 220's should work just fine. We are working on getting the SigSauer ammo into Spot On, sometimes companies do not want to let Nikon enter the info into Spot On even though it can be a benefit for their customer's. Make sure you measure your scope height form mid bore to mid scope and enter that into Spot On as well. I have taken my sub's out to 150 yards on hogs using a P-300 BLK BDC scope. Let me know if you have more issues and I'll try to help you out.
    Thanks for the feedback.....will have to try it again. Sounds like it is user error on my part as nobody else is getting the same results. Any idea when you will be getting the Sig Sauer information into Spot On?
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Nikon tries to do ammo updates 2-3 times a year along with at least 1 additional feature added to Spot On each year. Often times it is not easy getting all the data from ammo producer's, as you can see the data is a lot more then just MV.

So, to answer your question, I don't know when the Sig ammo info will be added but it is on the "list".
    If there's a feature you would like to see on Spot On but don't drop me a note and I'll pass it along.

In case you didn't know, Spot On is now free for all your mobile devices.

Thanks!
    Last edited by bman940; October 27th, 2015 at 12:08 PM. Reason: error

Just spoke to my friend who does all the Spot On work/updates. He spoke to Sig over a month ago and is waiting to get the data from them, not unusual to take over 6 months for a company to get around sending the necessary data.